Chapter 7 - Attraction, yes! Love, hell no!!!

Angelina Jolie as High Lady Georgiana Klyne

*********************************************************************

                                                 CAL

I can't believe he just up and left. Drops a bombshell and then he leaves. My heart is still racing, and I want to leave with him so bad. That kiss was wow! How can I describe it? It's not my first kiss, but it's my first heart throbbing kiss. Goddess, I want more. He's so tall and those eyes, mesmerizing purple. I get lost in them. They can make me do anything for my mate. Did I say mate? Crap! Too soon, too soon, too freaking soon!!! Sköll has been too giddy for words and been bouncing around since he screamed 'mate' and warning him that our mate is a vampire doesn't scare him at all.

"Cal? Are you okay?" asks Alpha Salim.

''I'm fine, he's a vampire and my mate, I don't understand."

"Yes, he is, only the Goddess understands her ways but all I can tell you is to give him a chance. I don't know him very well, but I what I know is that he's a good, just, tough motherfucker. He's the best friend you can have AND the worst enemy you really want to avoid."

"Great, just fucking great! Now I have a contradictory mate after I rejected an egomaniac. It just keeps getting better and better doesn't it," I say sarcastically. "But I get to stay until I am comfortable leaving with him, right?"

"Yes, you can stay, besides he's moving in with you. Oh, come on, don't give me that look! Pull up your big boy pants, your mate is coming to town." Alpha Salim bursts out laughing.

Rolling my eyes and seeing that I am smack dab in the midst of crazy people, I leave the office to seek the advice of my bestfriend. I walk out of the house, stroll down the driveway, pull out my phone and call Esme.

"What now?"

"Hello to you too." Slowly kicking the pebbles on the driveway as I continue my stroll, "so, umm, looks like I have another mate, and he's a vampire."

"Lord Leech showed up, good for him!"

"Wait a minute, you knew, and you didn't tell me? A simple phone call to warn me would've been great, you know."

"What's the fun in that? Okay, two reasons I didn't call you. One, I know you and you would've hightailed it out of there. Second, he's your mate and a higher ranking one too. He'll protect you when that mutt comes sniffing around you."

"Your thinking is so warped, Esme."

"Whatever. Did he suck your blood yet, how was it, did you like it?"

"ESME!"

"Seriously though what's the problem? That he's a vamp? Please! A wolf just like you almost beat you to a pulp remember. Give him a chance. You need a mate. You're not meant to be alone, and honestly, you're not good alone. One thing about you Cal is that you genuinely like people and you don't like to be alone. You surround yourself with the other three mutts..."

"Friends if you please,'' I interrupt her.

"Whatever! Truth is you need a mate; you want a mate so now another one is in your lap and you're worried because he's a vampire? If he does anything to harm you, I got your back. Besides, I know where to get you instant blood transfusion," she giggles.

"Not funny Esme."

"Come on! where's your sense of humor? Don't tell me you're already turning dull after spending one day with Lord Leech."