Chapter 23 - The battle for Cal's soul continues...

***I incorporated a screenwriting style in this chapter for slight emphasis***

Cal's POV

The world is dark. Every being, animal, trees, sea; everything on earth freezes in place.

The. Earth. Stands. Still.

I wake up and my body is held immobile by an unseen force. The pain in my insides is nonstop and excruciating, aahh the pain. A hand is twisting my insides and making me burn from the inside out. I don't see the goddess, but I feel her presence; all I see is darkness. I try to move but again some force holds me in place. I struggle against the hold but it's not budging.

"You dare to speak to me in such a disrespectful manner? OMEGA YOU WILL NOT DISRESPECT YOUR MAKER!"

"Disrespect my maker?" I laugh, "I see why Alphas are your favorites, you all get off on demanding respect and not doing anything to earn it. Mother dearest, you do not get respect, you earn it!"

"OMEGA BEWARE! I MADE YOU AND I CAN KILL YOU WHERE YOU STAND!" Her voice thunders in the darkness. Flashes of lightning pierce through the darkness at her voice.

I snicker, "Take a good look mother at where I am. Does it look like I am having a ball? I think not. So, lady, do your worst."

"You Omega have tested my patience since your conception. You are a mistake seed of my child, your father. He wanted you to live and made a deal with me and died in your place. I have been very lenient with you and now you insult me? YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR INSOLENCE, OMEGA!" And the flashes of lightning pierce my body like a knife stabbing consistently on my skin.

My insides hurt as if they are also being twisted more and more as if into a pretzel. I am dying, this pain is worse than the rogue whippings. Maybe I shouldn't have dared a deity. My breathing is slowing, my soul is waning, and I can only whisper an invocation and a last call for help before I die to another deity just as powerful as my goddess.

"Sun god, un irru xi kaaku quaryapi. Un girqupi kaum puir knurr xaxirr kaak piur mu kruir knurr xyaum crug xi kaum giri giyar kak kaaku. Xagar un knurr xagar kaaku giyab. Halloweth be."

<Sun god, I call on your benevolence. I reject this mother and accept you as my father and have pity on this new child of yours. Save me and save your clan, Halloweth be.>

"How do you know the language of the Sun worshippers? Answer me, Omega!" The Moon goddess yells.

My head falls on my shoulders and I draw my last breath. Or so I thought! The most radiant of light blots out the darkness and a male figure, covered in radiant orange, walks up to me, holds my head and says:

"Un xaxirr, mu giyar."

<I accept, my child>  and then I fall into a trance.

Moon goddess: YOU CANNOT HELP HIM <darkness returns>

Sun god: HE INVOKED MY NAME <the sun returns>

Moon goddess: YOU CANNOT HELP HIM, BROTHER! HE IS MINE. I CREATED HIM. < darkness returns >

Sun god: HE CAME TO ME, SISTER! HE REJECTED YOU AND WALKED INTO MY ARMS. < the sun returns >

Moon goddess: WE CANNOT INTERFERE IN THE LIVES OF EACH OTHER'S CHILDREN. IT IS THE RULE!!! YOU CANNOT HAVE MY CHILD. < darkness returns >

Sun god: HE CALLED ME: HE INVOKED THE ANCIENT CALL!!! < the sun returns >

The world settles into a battle between the Sun and the moon. The earth is radiant one minute, dark the next. The sun pushes against the darkness and vice versa. Both equal in strength and tenacity. The earth looks as if cut down the middle with the sun on one side, darkness the other.