Chapter 17A - Calling Dr. Raven Hayes

Alison Brie as Raven Hayes

************************************************************

Disclaimer: This chapter talks about psychiatry/psychology treatment. I am not belittling the effects of treatment of any mental disorder. This chapter is strictly for entertainment purposes only. If you need help, please see a qualified provider.

Esme's POV

A quick call to Salim had me arranging for Raven to come to my store as soon as possible. I had to twist Salim's hand to command Raven to come. I also sweetened the pot by telling them that her visit is to help her 'best friend' Cal. Sheesh! Anyone will think she's afraid to come to my store. I wonder why she feels that way? I grin inwardly while watching my favorite fur coat, Alpha mutt and Lord Leech continue to argue nonstop. Now they're arguing about who gets to spend what day with whom? Another hour of this nonsense? I need some space before I zap all three of them off the planet.

I take my new hot cup of tea outside my store to wait for Raven. I flip the store sign 'closed' to keep everyone out for what is about to go down. I sit down and I say a little prayer to the Sun god NOT to send me any mate. I don't have the patience for all the craziness attached to the whole 'mate' phenomenon.

Raven will have been here quicker if that pussy cat Salim had just given me permission to enter his territory. Why would he even think I will disrupt his pack in just ten minutes. Just because I don't like mutts doesn't mean I can't play catch the yarn with the nice pussy cats.

Almost an hour later, a car pulls up. Raven, Joaquim, and Roland step out of the car. Raven stops when she sees me. I smell the fear. I had to restrain myself from 'toying' with her. Unfortunately, I have no time to play 'scare the mutts and cat', I need her help to get those 'tri-mates' out of my store.

"Raven, so good to see you," I walk up to her. "Listen we need to talk."

"Is Cal alright?"

"Listen for yourself and you tell me." I pull her to my door and motion for her to listen to the ruckus that has been going on nonstop.

"Is that Cal? And Alpha Darric, and Lord Rafe? What's going on?"

"Wow! They are loud," Joaquim grins.

"I don't think we should be listening to their intimate conversations," Roland pipes in.

"They're shouting loud enough for the whole world to hear them, so privacy is not an option right now. Raven, this is why you're here. They need you desperately." I make myself sound pitiful.

"Me? How can I help them? I'm an omega and there are an Alpha and a High Lord in that room with Cal."

"You are studying to be a psychiatrist, right? You plan to work on the human brain and whatnot. Who else is close enough to Cal, a werewolf, and has an inkling of what drives mutts, excuse me, humans such as you lot wacko?"

"But Esme, I'm still in school. I haven't graduated yet."

"I know that you know that, and they know that! But they've agreed to have you help them sort out what the fuck is making them bonkers. Listen, I will make sure you are in control of your sessions. They will not sass you or demean you. They will follow your instructions, or I will fry them. I have your back. I just want you to do what you do and get those 'ingrates' out of my store, capisce?" I give her my 'do it or else' look.

"Ok, I will do my best. We'll need a private place to talk though."

"No worries, you can use my upstairs living room. There's a couch there if you need to hypnotize anyone of them," I quip.