Chapter 14 - And the party goes on

Angelina Jolie as High Lady Georgiana Klyne

***********************************************************

RAFE

"Why are we meeting here? I'm not complaining mind you, because this food is delicious."

"I want to know your next move. I'm on a deadline, Roman."

Roman Sarris, a man I trust with my life. We met under unusual circumstances. The way he tells the story he says I saved his life and so I own it. Not the way I see it, I was just at the right place, at the right time. That was twenty years ago. Anytime I am in a fix, he has helped me.

"Anyway, I have moved up in rank and I get an introduction to the main guy in a few weeks. So where are you, mates?"

"One mate 'borrowed' the other one for some alone time."

"Borrowed'? Your life just got weird or more interesting. Congratulations though. I know how long you've wanted mates."

"I'll like you to meet them sometime."

"No, I told you this works only when no one sees my face."

"The scar is all gone you know."

"Physical one maybe. Anyway, thanks for dinner and I'll call you with updates."

Short and simple, that's Roman Sarris. Time to get back to our party.

CAL

"So now I'm 'borrowed' is it?" I smile at my mate.

"You have been with Rafe for several weeks and I just want some alone time with you too. I hope that's okay?"

"All you had to do is ask, you know?"

"But I'm not guaranteed a yes, so I figure I'll improvise. We're almost at the cabin anyway and I will take you back to Silvern Clan in the morning, I promise."

We pull up to a log cabin a few minutes later. Small and quaint by modern standards. We get out and Darric leads the way some stairs up to a door. He opens it, turns on the light and we walk into a small living room. A few chairs are scattered around the room. The room needs a thorough cleaning.

"Has anyone been here lately?"

"No, we rarely use it. No time, I guess. I think we have some soda around here somewhere so we're good. Sit, make yourself comfortable while I get them."

I shake the dust off the two sofas and a chair in the room and make myself comfortable on the sofa. Darric comes back with a selection of sodas, I grab one, pop it open and take a deep swallow. My nerves are now creeping in. Alone with Darric again, surprisingly, I'm good.

"Tell me about Wood Inc., I think it's an important part of your life, isn't it? You started it? How?" He sits beside me on the sofa facing me.

I told him of how I discover the gift of using herbs to heal our pain from the hits through the years. How Esme helped me sell them in her store. How the other omegas came on board with their different skills and assistance. I told him how we got our diplomas without the pack knowing. Raven now in college and I plan to study chemistry. I told him of my plan to develop a wolfbane destabilizing injection that will help weres as soon as they get infected with it.

"Like Benadryl for allergies?" he asks.

"Exactly."

"When you're ready, start with me, use me as your Guinea pig."

"I hear all the changes going on in the pack and they sound remarkable. Are you sure everyone is on board?"

"Honestly, not everyone. Some have been so used to the old ways and find it hard to change, case in point, my parents. The more vocal and resistant ones have been banished from the pack to other packs of their choice. And I have charged the omegas and others to speak up if anyone tries to hurt them no matter who it is. And if I get one more complaint about my mother, she goes to the dungeon."