Chapter 41 The Family's Robbing Hood

Esti Ginzburg as Fredericka Klyne-Winters (Freddy)

****************************************************************

"We got here just in time," Esme says. "Is that Salim's cat?"

"Yes, scary, isn't he?"

"I have never seen him in his cat form. Dang, he is huge. What's his name?"

"Silvermane."

I look around me at the damage in the den, while Esme is busy admiring Silvermane's build. To be fair to her, he is majestic in stature. At seven feet plus, over three hundred pounds, shiny black fur, and white underbelly coat, eyes glowing like fire, claws as long as the average tentacles, elongated teeth; he is a frightening sight to behold.

"Now what?" Esme asks.

"See the one on the ceiling trying to..."

"Yes, I do. Bind him." I bind the shimmering Unri on the ceiling trying to hide from us.

"We cover our folks in a protective aura and deal with the guards. Esme, what exactly is Freddy into? The ruling council will arrest no one without a reason."

"You're right. Rafe and I have warned her so many times. I'll let her be the one to tell you. She means well, it's just..."

"Just what?"

"She went about it the wrong way."

"Esme, whatever Freddy says, we must take her to the Ruling Council. I don't want an unnecessary war with them. We will support and protect her, but she will need to face these charges."

"I know that Cal. But she's a child. A child who thought she was doing the right thing."

"She's seventeen years old, almost eighteen and only two years younger than you and I. Esme, how bad is what she did?"

"If her actions had been against humans only, I will say maybe we would've been able to hide it. She will have gotten a slap upside her dumb head, but she didn't spare anyone: she went after weres, vampires, witches, fates, in fact, she spared no one."

"Esme what did she do?"

Rafe arrives with Darric and answers my lingering question.

"She robs pack, clan, coven, gathering leaders she deems evil and abusive. She turns around and pawns the loot and gives the cash to their abused members. She helps them to be financially stable and out of their leader's reach. Georgiana and Raul are on their way."

"She did what? How? When?"

Georgiana and Raul arrive seconds later.

"Freddy?" Georgiana runs over to Freddy. "Why is she frozen? Did the guards do this?"

"We arrived in the middle of a rampage and I froze everyone to stop the mayhem. They're not hurt, just, you know, frozen." I explain what they're seeing.

"Unfreeze my daughter now, Cal." Georgiana hisses.

"Not yet Georgiana," Esme replies. "Trust us okay, we need all of you under a protective aura before he unfreezes everyone. Or the guards may do her harm."

"Fine. I trust you both. I'm just so scared for her. That's my little girl, Esme."

"I'm sorry, Georgiana. I don't know how powerful these guards are. We must stop them from taking Freddy and Summer with them. Everyone must be protected before we send them back empty-handed."

"Empty-handed? What do you mean Cal?" Raul asks.

"Let's be honest here. Freddy and Summer must report to the Ruling Council and answer whatever charges laid at them. But we will take them there, not these guards. And to confront them we need you all..."