Chapter 13B - Tri-date?

Bren Foster as Alpha Darric Grey

*****************************************************************

DARRIC

Jeffery walks over and takes our gowns. This guy is always around. What's his deal? Georgiana leads us to the first level where we meet and introduces us to Original Drago, Elder Thomas, and Elder Alexi, the ruling class of vampires, werewolves and werecats respectively.

"Congratulations Rafe", says Original Drago.

"Thank you."

"After the 'walk around' we must meet with you, Darric, Salim and Tobias in your office asap. The issue with the 'Nightwalkers' is getting worse and I am on the verge of cleaning your house."

"Yes, sir."

We all bow as they head over to Rafe's office.

"Crap," Rafe murmurs.

"What's wrong?" I whisper.

"I meant to update you, but I let it slide with everything else going on but the gist of it is we have an influx of 'nightwalkers' in this area and at BloodDusk Clan. I found out that there are weres involved."

"Shit, rogues AND nightwalkers?"

"Hence, the involvement of the ruling class. Let's get this over with so we can meet with them and go on our tri-date."

We walk up the staircase to the second level where we meet the leaders of the neighboring Clans and Packs. Some familiar faces, Salim, Esme, and others not familiar.

"So Darric how does it feel to be the head mutt in this clan?" Esme jokes. Now I realize who Georgiana reminds me of, this crazy witch!

"Nice to see you too, Esme."

"Cal," she hugs and kisses him, "you're all stamped for eternity," she laughs holding his right hand and admiring the crest.

"Esme, you came!"

"Of course. Who else will give you away to these two? I must witness the mating of my favorite fur coat, the mutt, and the leech. These vampires sure know how to bore people to death though. Dang, that ritual was long as fuck!"

"Esme!"

"What? It's true. You're thinking the same thing too, right Georgiana?"

"Hi, Esme. I couldn't agree more. I had forgotten the darn language. I had to do a crash course with my parents. I ask you, why not say the darn things in English? Do they think the Sun god doesn't understand English? Anyway, you three must be thirsty. Mom says it is a body draining ritual. What can I say, we vampires have some rituals that make us seem more uppity than usual!"

"Darric we need to head over to the meeting. Georgiana, I'll leave Cal in your hands. Get him to the car. We'll meet you there in about twenty minutes. Hi Esme, bye Esme." Rafe heads out and I follow.

"I seriously think the Moon goddess and your Sun god have warped sense of humor. Cal as Esme's root?"

"Don't get me started. So quick update before we get to my office. What I have learned is that some Lord or Lady is turning humans into nightwalkers with the help of some weres. Who? I don't know yet, but I have a trusted friend working on it. And he gets results. I must reassure Original Drago that I have it all under control. I need your support."

"You got it." I will always support my mates, hands down.

RAFE