Chapter 45 A year later, Cal again!

Jason Dolley as Cal Yorke

***************************************************************

My mates, Alpha Jacob Garnett, Esme, Jeffery, and I are touring Jacob's newly erected pack home in Nebraska. His stay at BloodRose had its ups and downs, mostly ups thank the Sun god. Werewolves, in general, are territorial so the immersion of thirty or so werewolves was met with a lot of caution and trepidation. Jacob and his people, on the other hand, assimilated well and worked not to step on any toes which must've been hard for folks that have been on their own, making their own decision for some years.

Now he and Darric have a cordial, if not bothering on a friendly relationship. He solicits Darric's advice on the layout for his pack. The pack is currently on a five-mile radius land. Alpha residence, main pack building, and some other houses have been built. He spoke with Minerva and their children will attend the school. The pack will share the clinic with the school. The pack still needs a long way to go but this is a very good start.

The Ruling Council has bestowed upon them after a short ceremony, 'WinterTooth' pack name. Those guys are not creative at all. So effective immediately former Beta Jacob Garnett is now Alpha Jacob Garnett of WinterTooth Pack. WinterTooth is under the jurisdiction and protection of BloodRose Pack. He was introduced to the other Alphas. By the look on his face, all the pageantry and egos in the room were not his style.

"It's a good thing that we used a human company to construct your houses. It builds a good rapport around here;" I tell Alpha Jacob as we walk through all the erected buildings, with my mates by my side.

"Alpha Salim is extended, and we would've had had to wait. So human was the only other option. We contracted them to build every building except the dungeon. That will wait till Alpha Salim is available for security reasons."

"Good. I'll be right back, I need to talk to Esme," I tell my mates.

"What is she doing," Jacob asks, points to Esme.

"She's casting protective spells over your land," I answer.

"Why? Are we in danger?"

"When are we not in danger?" Darric asks. "From rogues, hunters, betrayals you name it."

"Okay I guess it's a good thing," Jacob says.

"Be right back." I leave them all and walk towards Esme who has been chanting protective spells since we arrived. I wait until she's done.

"Why did you insist you'll come with us?" I ask her.

"I don't know but something urged me to cast a protective spell over this pack," she answers me with a worried face.

"We've learned to listen to our instincts, haven't we? When you find out why let me know okay."

"Will do. And how are you doing mama to be? I'm surprised your mates let you out of your prison. They do realize you're not the first were to be pregnant." She rubs my huge, did I say HUGE stomach.

"I know. I had to bribe, beg, plead with them to teleport here. I was going crazy being locked up in my own manor." I carefully walk beside Esme.

"You are taking care of yourself, right? Do you use the ointment I made for you? Are you doing the chants I gave you every day? Did you see that doctor today? Do you..."

"Yes, mother! Damn, you're almost as bad as my mates. I am fine. We are all fine. I am looking forward to meeting the kicking trio."

I rub my stomach and say a thank you to the Ancient One. Our first try didn't yield a pregnancy right away. And after the first try, every time I was around Jeffery, and that's usually almost always, he murmurs 'Halloweth be'. I wasn't deterred even with my mates' hardline stance of no baby-making party for another two months. I had to wait patiently every two months after each attempt to try again. Six months and two more tries later and I am fuller than an inflated balloon.