Chapter 37 - P.E.A.R.L.

Isha Blaaker as Roman Saris

****************************************************************

ROMAN

The man that just evaporated in front of Salim and I was a beautiful specimen. He had dark green eyes that sparkled at his outrage. Black hair with a hint of grey at the edges, that begged to be touched. Traces of dual dimples on a soft angular shaped face. He was my height at six feet, and a bit slimmer than me.

"That was your father?" I ask Esme.

"That's dear old daddy, also known as El Dargon," Esme gleefully replies.

"Why would he just disappear?" Salim asks.

"He tends to not handle confrontations or things out of the norm very well, I'm learning."

"Well, that will have to change he's our mate for goddess sake."

"Good luck tying him down."

"Not so fast witch, you will help me. You promised." Salim says.

"I promised to get you 'closer' to your mate, I never said anything about making he or she accept you."

"I don't care. You will help me, help us."

"Esme, you promised," Cal reminds her.

"Fine. What do you want me to do?"

"Nothing for now. Our mate is like a caged bird. And how do you settle a caged bird?" Salim asks with a scary look on his face.

"How?" I ask a little scared for my other mate.

"I leave our little bird alone and let him run around in circles in his cage as much as he wants to. I will not chase him right now. I will open the cage and give him faux freedom, but I will always have a way to bring him back into the cage. We can always find him through our favorite witch, right Esme?"

"That's kinda mean," I tell him.

"Mean? Never. Strategic, yes. Be aware my dear Roman, where you and Dargon are concerned, all bets are off. I will do anything; I repeat anything to mate with the two of you."

"Oh shit! Your Moon goddess has created a monster," Esme whispers to Cole.

"Now that I know my mates and where I can find them, I can work on this Nebraska project. And Roman?"

"Yes," I answer still a bit wary of my mate, "what?"

"If you don't want to stay in my suite, that's fine. You can stay in one of the bungalows on pack land. Always let me know when you travel, okay?"

"Ohkay."

To be honest, Salim just got hotter with this new plan of his and I am wavering. Damn it!

CAL

Alpha Salim has been unbelievably quiet about his mates. I can't imagine what he's thinking or going through. An elemental for a mate? Thank the Sun god that's not me. Those ruling council members are a bunch of pompous a-holes, to quote my dear Esme. At least he has been giving us frequent updates on the project.

When Salim goes haywire, he goes freaky fast. He has been bombarding us with frequent updates. First, he built a mini lodge for him and his workers on the land. After testing the soil and confirming the building plans with us, he has been going full throttle. I never thought I will be at the point of telling him to slow down but I'm getting there. I decide to leave the building part to Rafe and Darric, while Esme and I deal with the student portion.