Chapter 32 - A year later - All Cal

Jason Dolley as Cal Yorke

*********************************************

I loved my honeymoon; that's one thing I won't ever tell my mates. Landing deep in the Amazon was heavenly. So many plants around me. I wasn't sure which South American country this part of the Amazon is that we landed but the forestry was lush and vibrant. I gathered so many herbs; I hope I can experiment with. I must ask Esme to take me there again sometime. I loved it but my mates? Not so much.

Rafe is muttering, "I will kill Esme Wood" over and over. Darric instinctively changes to his wolf Titan immediately we land, in a protective stance. Once he changes back, Rafe gives him his jacket for cover. Yes, he's also furious at Esme.

"Hold on and I'll get us out of here. I will kill Esme Wood," Rafe mutters.

"Wait. So many herbs and plants to see and study here. Can we stay just for a day?"

"A DAY? HELL NO!" Darric screams, slapping bugs on his exposed legs.

"Come on guys, who knows when I will ever get this opportunity again? Okay, half a day?"

"NO, NO, NO," Darric yells.

"I can freeze you to keep the bugs away, if you like," I taunt him.

Scrunching his face, he walks away and leans against the nearest tree muttering to himself. I look at Rafe and see a small smile and I know I had him. They finally give me some time to enjoy the forest, albeit grudgingly but not without some pleading.

"Okay one hour and you better use it well," Rafe says.

"Thank you." I hug him. "At least you support my work," I reply loud enough for Darric to hear.

"I support your work Cal, in a controlled bug-free environment. Not in a bug-infested, snake-infested, muddy, dense forest."

I go about picking up different herbs. I smell, touch, and uproot some so I can hopefully plant them for my test. When I hear Rafe slap bugs of his body, and I know it's time to go. Don't want to push them too hard.

"Okay, we can go now."

"Thank goddess," Darric sighs.

We hold on Rafe and he flies us to the nearest non-forestry location. We land in a house on the seafront. The outside is contemporary, but the location is private. There are no other homes within miles of this house. I walk around and it looks beautiful.

"Whose house is this?" I ask.

"One of Raul's getaway homes," Rafe tell us.

"How many does he have?"

"No idea but anytime I need to get away in any part of the world, he has a house."

"Want a tour, guys?"

"Lead the way," says Darric, sounding chirpy with his jacket and his dick swaying in the wind.

The inside is just as beautiful. I walk straight out and gasps at the beauty in front of me.

"Is that what I think it is?"

"Yes, an infinity pool."

"This place is beautiful. I am getting in that pool."

I race off, take off my wedding suit and jump into the pool in my shorts. Goosebumps cover my body as I come up for air. A very refreshing dip after our short stay in the burning sun. I hear two more splashes behind me.

I swim back and forth for several minutes. The water is no longer cold but soothing. A few minutes later, I lay on my back, floating gently on the water just gazing at the sky. I smile when I recall my situation more than a year ago. Thank the Sun god for good friends and wonderful mates.