Chapter 42 Reckoning

Chris Hemsworth as Alpha Salim Taylor

***************************************************************

Cal's POV

Georgiana is almost as loud, if not louder than Silvermane, when angry. She walks up to Freddy and sits on her other side holding that arm. Freddy is between her mother and her mate, each holding tightly to one arm. The picture of the three of them gives me the feeling that Freddy will be smacked dab in the middle between her mother and her mate for life. Sun god help her!

"Georgiana let's think about this for a minute. If we don't take Freddy to the Ruling Council to answer to whatever the charges may be, they will forcibly take her, and things will get worse. Let's assume the charges are theft, excuse me, burgling, they must hold her accountable. There's no way around it. I don't know what they have, but what we can do is hope for a bearable sentence."

"Cal's right, Georgie. I blame myself for not insisting harder that she stops this nonsense. When we take Freddy and Summer to the council, their sentence may be reduced for our cooperation." Rafe consoles her.

"But Summer has nothing to do with this, guys! I can't have Summer punished for what I did," Freddy cries.

"Cherie, don't worry, we will sort all of this out. But you must be prepared for the consequences of your actions," Raul tells her. "We should've done more to stop you. I should've done more. But that's all secondary now. What we need to do is face the council and ask for leniency."

"Raul, we can't turn our little girl over to the council, we can't," Georgiana cries.

"Mi Amore, we either stand together with her now or send her on the run and never see her again. And eventually, they will find her and then what?"

"Listen, guys. Freddy had one redeeming point." Darric says.

"What?" Asks Georgiana.

"She kept none of the proceeds for herself. Esme, you know everything and everyone, right?"

"Yes, so?"

"Do you know a few of the folks that Freddy helped? Can they be witnesses for her?"

"NO!!! Leave them alone, they have nothing to do with this. I helped them anonymously. Bringing them to testify for me will defeat the purpose," Freddy says.

"Okay, no witnesses."

"Mother, Father, I am ready to face the council. But you must make sure they do not punish Summer. You all know that she's not a part of my activities."

"It's okay Freddy, we are together in this no matter what," Summer pats her hand.

"But you have nothing to do with it, why are you being arrested?"

"My question exactly. Something is off about all of this," Alpha Salim says.

"Listen, we're all speculating at this point. Why don't we just see what the charges are and go from there?" Esme joins in.

"Georgiana, Raul, I give you my solemn word that I will do everything within my power to make sure Freddy is okay. Trust me, please."

"Yes, trust us, we will be there with her every step of the way," Esme tells them.

"What if you fail? Can you promise here and now that you'll bring my baby back to me?" Georgiana whispers.

Why did we promise Georgiana that we'll bring Freddy back? What will I do if I can't keep the promise? Another round with the Ruling Council will be exhausting. I think going head to head with the council will probably be our lot in this lifetime; Esme's and I that is.