96

Yoongi could hear loud cries from the other end of the phone and Jungkook telling him that everything was going to be fine. He was becoming more and more unstable by the second.

He had failed Jin.

"I t-told him not to go. Yoongi did N-Namjoon have breakfast this morning? Did he eat s-something healthy?" Jin questioned as he laid across Jungkook and Taehyung's legs. Taehyung was patting his back, trying to show his hyung comfort.

"Yes Jin hyung he did. I'm so sorry. I..." Yoongi trailed off which left the elder confused.

"You what? Yoongi?" Jin asked as he sat himself up on his couch, his heart still disintegrated from Yoongi's words. The phone had disconnected. 

"What happened?" Taehyung questioned quickly before snatching the cellphone aways from Jin's hand. "Hello?"

"He ended the call before he could finish. I need to get down there." Jin proclaimed with his voice still hoarse, even worse than before. "Namjoon is my everything. You have no idea what I'd do if something bad happened to him."

"Has he landed yet? Maybe it's because of the connection." Taehyung assured.

"No! I'm leaving. I have got to get to an airport." Jin told as he got himself of of his couch and grabbed his car keys from the living room table.

"No hyung. I don't think driving to the airport is advisable for you right now. You almost had an anxiety attack. I should drive." Taehyung suggested, taking the keys aways from the elder's hand.

Jungkook frowned, not knowing what to say or do to make anything better. Everything was happening way too quickly for them to process correctly. The only thing Jungkook could think about now was what was happening right then.

-

"Can you tell me about them? How are they doing now since I'm out of their lives?" Lee Joon asked his ex best friend, whomever was driving him.

"Why are you so concerned? Obviously they're not concerned about you at all. Everyone thought Lisa killed you that day, sadly that didn't happen." Jay Park proclaimed as his hands gripped the steering wheel.

Joon looked down at his feet and stared out the car window. "Thank you for helping me."

Lee Joon could hear Jay snicker, "I only helped you into my car. I'm not helping you apologize to Jungkook and Taehyung. That's not my job so don't think I'm doing you a favor."

"Can we start over? When I first met you you told me you would always see the good in people, no matter how bad they seemed to be." Lee Joon commented, realizing how silent and awkward the car ride was.

"That's before I actually knew you. You seemed harmless I guess. Until you started dating Jeon Jungkook. He told me what you did to him and that's why he was forbidden to talk to me again," Jay paused and continued again. "That's when I realized you were a manipulator. You preyed on people who were innocent. You're a fucking monster."

The ride had gotten even more awkward, knowing that Joon didn't have anything else to say to defend himself.

-

The airport was hectic as it always was, but Jin was willing to do anything in the world to be by his fiancé's side.

Life or death.

"Jin do you have any idea how expensive it is to buy a last minute plane ticket?" Taehyung asked in despair, having pity for the elder.

Jin shook his head quickly as he laid eyes on the ticket agent.

Bingo.

"Hey! Hello! I'm going to need three two way tickets to America today!" Jin shouted as he slammed his hands in the desk. The woman looked at Jin in confusion as she stared back at Jungkook and Taehyung.

"Sir, you three are cutting in line. There are people behind you who need to catch there flight also." The woman told with a bitchy expression on her face.

Jin rolled his eyes and heaved a deep sigh. "Look, my husband is Kim Namjoon. I don't care about the people behind me. Do you mind?" Jin asked a lady behind him.

"No no, you go right ahead."

"Thank you. Now can I get my three tickets and I'll go on my way." Jin smiled, giving the woman a tight wink.

"Sure." The ticket agent smiled, more like forced a bitter smile on her face as she typed away on her dusty computer.

-

"Do you want to try calling Jin again baby?" Jimin asked his fiancé whom was sitting on the side of Namjoon's hospital bed. They had been there for two hours and hadn't gotten any good or bad news yet. Yoongi was stressed out about the entire situation including telling Jin what happened.

"No. He hung up on me. I'm one hundred percent sure he hates me now." Yoongi groaned, reminiscing about the moment him and Namjoon had spent together, way before he had met Jimin.

"You won't know unless you call him now would you?" The younger asked, making his way into Yoongi lap and stroking each lock in his hair. "This isn't your fault Yoongi. Whatever really happened to Namjoon isn't your fault. Please stop thinking of the worse thing and focus on the positive. He's still alive isn't he?"

"He could be dying, and the doctors aren't here to do anything." The elder admitted, rubbing his knuckles with his right thumb.

"Stop it! He's not dying. When that monitor flat lines, that's when you know it's the end. Do you know how devastating that shit is Yoongi? To watch someone die in front of your face." Jimin was fuming, Yoongi had no idea what to do. It's like reality had slapped him in the face.

Jin wasn't there to see Namjoon and Yoongi thought it was too late. Jin was hours and miles away from him.

Namjoon's life was hanging by a long thread.

A/N: Happy New Year's to everyone. I love all of my readers and even the silent ones. You all mean so much to me. You're like gold to me. Have a great day!💜