Rise Of The Snakes

(The ninjas are snapped out of their post-hero complacency when Lord Garmadon's son Lloyd shows up and tries to pick up where his father left off.)

Season One: Episode One
Words: 2.4k

I watch they boys play their games, chuckling as they grunt and groan as if they were really training. "If Sensei Wu catches you guys not training you're gonna be in serious trouble," I say as I take a bite out of my slice of pizza.
"Says you, you're the one eating pizza," Kai replies as he also takes a bite leaving me confused.

"Come on we need to attack as a team," Cole says as Jay's character dies. "I am getting the hang of it," Zane says as he leans left with his character.

The door opens revealing Sensei Wu. I turn to him while the others are still playing with their game, and give him a shy smile.

He gives me a disappointed look as he runs over and shuts off the tv, hearing all the groans from the boys.
"Even though Lord Garmadon has escaped through a vortex doesn't mean he'll one day come and get the 5 golden weapons," Sensei Wu points to our weapons. I look down towards my golden wrist guards that were given to me by Wu, they are like the ninjas golden weapons, they help me control my powers and defeat enemies.

"We can train tomorrow," Cole groans as he lays down, handing a slice of pizza to Jay. "Never put off tomorrow what can be done today," Sensei replies.

Cole tried to make a smart remark with pizza but Sensei knocks it out of his hands. "You must train to reach your full potential."

"Uh remember when we did that thing called the Tornado of Creation," Kai asks. I roll my eyes at the boys bickering and head outside.
Right as I step out Nya runs into me. I steady myself by backflipping so I don't fall. "What is it," I ask as Nya seems in a rush. "Come on," she grabs my hand and leads me back to where the boys were.

"Guys, it's Lord Garmadon, he's returned! He was spotted approaching Jamankai Village," she yells. The boys stumbled around grabbing their weapons as I slide my dark purple hood over my head, making sure my hair is tucked in.

We all rush out of the monastery and down the stairs to the dragons. I toss Alistair's reins over his head and struggle to get on. "Looks like we could use some extra training," I yell as the others also fail to get on nicely. "I'm so elegant," Cole yelps as he falls off Rocky.

One after another the dragons all take flight. I told tight to the reins and whip them on Alastair's neck and he spreads his purple scaled wings.

I fly next to Cole as he pets Rocky's scales. "Do you guys believe what Sensei said about reaching our full potential?"
"I think he's on to something," Jay says, "I mean ever since we got these golden weapons it's not like we've ever gotten to use then."

I nod my head in agreement. "We've never gotten to use them. You guys have weapons but I have these wrist guards and I've already wondered what they would do," I say as the others nod.
"Anyone else pumped for this battle against Lord Garmadon," Kai asks, "uh yeah I've been wanting to try out some new Spinjitzu moves," Cole adds as he spins in his seat.

"Race you there," Jay yells.

———————————————

"There it is," I tell as Jamanakai village comes into view, "first ninja there wins," Kai says as he speeds up.

I give Alastair some room to move his head as he speeds up getting in front of Zane's dragon. I do a barrel roll underneath Jay as his dragon tries to cut mine off.