Ninjaball Run

(When the ninjas learn Darreth's Mojo Dojo is to be destroyed, they enter the annual Ninjaball Run to win a cash prize that will help save the Dojo.)

Season Two: Episode Four
Words: 1.1k

Amused, I watch as Lloyd struggles to hold up everyone on one arm.
"Focus. In order to bear the fate of Ninjago on your shoulders... you must first learn to bear the weight of all of us," Sensei says from the top.

"Uh, Sensei, I'm starting to think this was a bad idea," Jay says causing me to chuckle.
"Yeah, Sensei, he's just a kid," Cole agreed, "and why doesn't (y/n) come join us," he adds seeing me laugh.

"In order for him to succeed, we must all trust one another," Sensei says.
My eyes widen as I jump up seeing a wrecking ball come flying through the window, hitting the boys. They all fall on different directions.

Darreth comes running from his office, "woah, woah! This wasn't supposed to happen until tomorrow!"
"Tomorrow? Let me see that order," the contractor guy says, "Oh, yeah, my bad. Sorry 'bout that, we'll be back in the morning."

"What is this all about?"
"Well, I fell behind on some of my payments, and some developer names Darnagom Enterprises is buying the entire block to put in some stupid frisbee golf course," he says, "they say if I don't come up with 50,000 but tomorrow, the Dojo is gone."

"We already lost the Bounty. We can't lose the dojo now," Jay flails his arms wildly.
"Wait a minute," I say stopping Darreth, "Darnagom."
"When you rearrange the letters, it spells," Zane says catching on, "Garmadon."

"My dad is behind this," Lloyd sighs.
"If he destroys the dojo, where will we train Lloyd," Cole asks.
"Any chance you got 50,000 in that teapot of yours," Darreth asks.
"Worry, not Darreth. You are not in this alone. We're all with you."

"Did someone say 50,000?"
Nya walks into the broken dojo.
"You didn't happen to win the lottery," Jay asks.
"No, but I heard about the Ninjaball Run."
They stare lovingly at eachother.

"Just kiss already," I yell out, "what's the Ninjaball Run?"
Nya blushes, "it's the biggest road race in Ninjago, with a prize of 100,000 big ones. And it's tomorrow!"

"I thank you," Darreth says, "but you're talking about the most dangerous race known to man. Only the most serious racers even stand a chance."

"But, didn't you do upgrades on our Ultra Sonic Radar," Kai asks, "Maybe we might stand a chance."

"And we can enter with our dragons," Lloyd says wrapping an arm around me as I bend down, "you did say I needed the practice."

"So it is agreed," Sensei says, "you will all enter the Ninjaball Run to save the dojo."

——————————

We all line up in the finish line, "you ready bro?"
"Yup, were going to win this! Ha," Lloyd cheers.
The announcers starts to explain the route. I focus on Alastair making sure he is up and ready to fly.

I groan as the skeletons join the race. I also see Jay and Cole's parents join.
"Jay," I yell, "your parents got better bumpers," I say in their accent.
"Yeah, yeah, okay," he rolls his eyes playfully.
"On your mark. Get set. Ninjaball...go!"

We yank the reins on Alastair to make him start flying as I see the ninjas vehicle spun out of control.
"Oh no," I whisper watching Lloyd struggle to control his dragon.

I watch as Lloyd starts to go the wrong way and follow him, in hopes of getting him back on track.

——————————

I see the Bounty with Lord Garmadon on it in the distance.
"Lloyd look," I shout at him as I see them ready the cannons to shoot at the ninja.
"Come on," he yells speeding up. Just as the cannons shoots Lloyd runs the dragon into the ship causing them to miss.
"Nice!"

"How about we work together," Lloyd asks as he flies in front of them.
"Yeah! Let's show them what we Ninja are all about!"
"Ninja go," we all yell as we entered the snowy forest.

"Well never get through those tree to catch up," Kai says. I look to Lloyd and nod, "we'll find a shortcut."

I let Lloyd take the lead as I follow behind the ninja. I see a bike claw take ahold of Lloyd's dragon, bringing him down.
"Lloyd," I yell.
"I'm okay," he shouts back.

I keep the ninjas in track but see Garmadon behind me once again.
Suddenly I fall out of the sky as a cannon rips through Alastair's wing.
I fall off as Alastair's claw tears through my stomach leaving me screaming

I plummet into the snow, quickly turning it red.
I bite my lip hard as I take bandages from my bag and wrap them around Alastair's ripped wing, tying it safely.
I slam my head into the ground trying to block out the pain as I pant heavily.

"On...three," I yelp as the pain in my stomach causes me to get dizzy.
"You're going to be okay," I tell him as his purple blood covers me. I tilt my head back and open my mouth to scream as the pain explodes, but nothing comes out.

I whimpers as tears fall down my face.

I whisper 'one, two, three,' and snap Alastair's shoulder back into place.

He roars in pain and flings me off his wings. I cry out as I land harshly on the ground. As I reach for the bandages that I let go of I see Lloyd running through the trees yelling my name.
My vision darkens as he grabs the bandages and wraps them around my stomach.
"(Y/n)? Sis? It's going to be okay," tears run down his face as the pain in my stomach takes over and I pass out.

——————————

I yelp as wake up in pain, "Lloyd?"
He turns to me and smiles, "(y/n)! You're okay!"
"Thank you," I smile at him.

"My ship was...," I hear my dad say as if it was his ship.
"Your ship," Lloyd asks as we look down at him.
"I believe this belongs to us," I say.
The cops pull over to grab Garmadon but he jumps in with scales.

"Somehow. Sensei, I don't think that will be the last we are gonna see if him," Nya says.
We all cheer as we get the trophy and money, "we did it!"

Cole picks me up as I get off from the ship, "you did great," I hug him.
We all laugh as Darreth jumps into the cup full of money.