Return of the Overlord

(Garmadon uses his new super-weapon to turn Jamanakai Village evil, unsettled by the balance and allowing the spirit of the Overlord to possess his body.)

Season Two: Episode Twelve
Words: 996

"Let go of her," I shout through the pounding in my head.
"You'll never get away with this," Nya yells as she struggles against the warriors.

"Red doesn't seem to be your color," my father says, shoving an apple into Nya's mouth while laughing. "I think it's time we try on a darker shade."

He grabs Nya's head and dunks her into the bucket of dark matter. "No," I scream, my body beginning to twitch violently.
"Put more in her," I hear my father say, pointing to me, before everything goes black.

———————————

My eyes twitch open as I fail to stay on my legs, Nya uses Spinjitzu to spin in front of the others, blocking their way.

I watch as the boys get thrown back by Nya. My mother, Lloyd, and Sensei all run up to Nya in hopes of getting past her.

As she goes to attack Lloyd and my mother I quickly tackle her. "(Y/n)," Cole gasps.
I yelp as she kicks me off, my body going back in spasms.
"What did they do?"

"They used dark matter on us to turn us evil. Nya's not used to it so she turned easier, me however, it's gonna take a longer and more painful process. I can't help fight," I groan, feeling the pounding in my body once more.

Cole goes to do an attack but Nya stops him midair, twists his arm, and sends him barreling into the others.

She growls deeply and runs towards Jay, flipping him over and throwing him into a tree.
I fall to the ground, curling up into a fetus position, starting to twitch violently.

With the little power in my body I shoot a ball of darkness into Nya, stopping her from hitting Kai.
"Use your elemental powers, but without hurting her!"

I watch as Cole blinds her, letting Kai burns down a tree, and Zane freezes it around her.
"Come on," Jay tried to help me up, stopping when I yell in pain.

"I got you," Cole easily picks me up, kissing my forehead. "It'll take too long with me in your hands," I whisper.
"Not with my strength," he says, running to join the others.

———————————

Cole sets me down as we see a blinding light ray surround my father, his screams echo.

"What is happening to me," he screams, his hands turning into claws.
"Something is very wrong here," he grunts, his face turning into a dragon-like one.

"The metamorphosis has begun," he says in the Overlord's voice.
"What does that mean? Metamorphosis," I ask weakly.
"Metamorphosis is a biological process by which someone or something changes into something new."

"Father...," Lloyd calls, reaching out for him.
"No Lloyd," I stop him. "That is no longer dad."
"But what about the prophecy? It said I had to face my father."

"You still must," our mother says, helping me stand, "but now the Overlord has possessed him. Unlike you father, the Overlord with show you no mercy."

"You can do this, Lloyd," I say.
"We're here and behind you all the way."
"He's tough, but you're tougher."
"But we have to act before his evil gets more powerful."

I slip my hood on, "no," Sensei stops me, "you're hurt."
"I have to," I run into the ring of fire Lloyd created.

I push my hands out, suspending a few of the warriors into the sky with smoke, allowing Jay to shock them.
Kai uses his swords and melts one of the vehicles in half.

"See to it personally that the cannon is loaded," the Overlord calls as we knock one of the cannons into the water.

I chuckle slightly as the leader of the Stone Army gets flown into the sky.
I jump onto Cole's back and he propels me forward, successfully knocking off another cannon.

As another vehicle comes towards me, my body drops to the floor. Kai hits the vehicle, stopping it from hitting me.

"The final battle," I whisper to myself as Lloyd goes face-to-face with the Overlord.

Lloyd blasts him with his powers, only to get four more blasts in return, knocking him off the weapon.

Lloyd blows the Overlord into the trees, we cheer happily but groan as he shoots up into the air, not effected by Lloyd's powers.

He smashes into the ground sending Lloyd up into the air and harshly into the ground.
"You are all alone."

"No! You're not Lloyd," I shout, telling Lloyd that dad is still in there.
"Fool, you cannot defeat me."
Lloyd starts landing hits on him. "I can try."

He switches back and forth from our father to the Overlord until our father stops switching.
"You're father is gone."

He send two rays towards Lloyd and I. I scream as the darkness inside of me pushes against my skin to get out. I hear Lloyd groan uncontrollably, unable to take the pain.

He throws Lloyd and I away from the others. I scream, watching the ground come closer and closer, until everything goes black.

———————————

"Lloyd," I wake up with a gasp, seeing him lying beside me, in the same state.
"Did I...did I win?"
"No," Sensei says, "but you're alive, both of you are."

"But the prophecy...," Lloyd groans before falling onto the ground, his leg unable to hold him up.
"Easy, you've been through a lot," my mother and I help him up.

"The symbol for destiny," Lloyd picks up a piece of the boat, limping over to us. "Debating showed us who was stronger today."
"But destiny also wanted us around to fight another day," he points to me, seeing the dark matter no longer in my body.

"We didn't lose the final battle," I say, holding him up.
"Today we just lost the fight."