Spellbound

(Lloyd and Garmadon learn of the great battle that once took place between Chen, the Anacondrai and the Elemental Masters for control of Ninjago.)

Season Four: Episode Six
Words: 1.1k

"What are you looking at, Zippy," Jay asks in an annoyed voice.
"The next one out of the tournament," Griffin retorts.

"Why so scared to show us your back, Shadow?"
"I hope this next fight is between you and me because it's gonna be you on your back," Shade sneers back to Kai.

"Tensions are high," my father says from next to me. "Yeah, not as we high as we are now," Lloyd gulps, looking out the window.

"I've had enough of this. I can't stand heights. Where's Chen?" Neuro walks shakily towards the cockpit and opens the door.

He grunts as he sees no one there. Everyone's focus is on the computer screen as Chen shows up on it.

"Hello, final nine. I see you are eager for the tournament to commence so one of you can win my Staff of Elements."
I send Lloyd a confused look. He shakes his head, saying it's not important.

"Instead if fighting for a Jade Blade, today you will be fighting for something else." The screen shows as closeup of Nya hiding.

I gasp, ignoring Kai and Skylor talking behind me. "We have an uninvited guest on the island. Find her and you will automatically move on - to the final round."

"All of us hunting her? She won't stand a chance," Jay worries. I turn to my father. "Then we need to find her before anyone else does."

"In ten seconds the bottom will drop. But to show you I'm not a bad man, I've given you nine parachutes." We all run and grab onto one for each of us.

As the bottom completely opens, we all fall, losing grip of the bags.

As we fall, Shade was the first one to grab his, pulling the cord. I grab the one nearest to me and pull the cord.

I watch as the others do the same, except for Lloyd and Garmadon. "Dad! Lloyd!" I get scared as I only see one for both of them.

Lloyd pulls the cord and hands the bag to a shocked Garmadon. "Lloyd, control your fear."

I scream his name as he falls into the trees, but a bright light shines as Lloyd rides his elemental Dragon. "He did it!"

Lloyd and our father land nicely on their feet, me on the other hand, I slam into the ground. "Nice landing, sis." I send him a playful glare.

We stand still as Chen's voice echoes. "Combatants, I have left you a few treats to help you in the hunt. I hope you use them wisely." I look around and spot a small staff. As Lloyd walks over to it, I stop him.

"Don't, it could be something that'll make us lose." My father looks at me. "She's right, it's Chen, you never know what he'll do."

—————————————

"If we're going to find Nya before the others do, we've got a lot of ground to cover." As he says that, Lloyd points to the ground. "Look. Nya's footprints."

I stare quizzically at the foot shaped prints on the ground. She's smart. "There's no way. She would want us to follow them, everyone to follow them. But only us to see this." I point over to a tree where her Samurai X symbol is carved.

"Save your energy kids, we don't want to draw attention."

————————————

"Hey, dad? You said before that Master Chen was your Sensei, but nothing else." Lloyd extends his arms as if to ask him to explain.

"Son, there are things from my past I am not proud of. Perhaps it's time to tell you the truth."

"After the Devourer bit me when I was a child, it took years for all of the evil to fully consume me.
It was time in our history when Man and Serpentine were not getting along.
As our sides clashed, we hoped for a truce. But not Chen."

"Mom thought that letter was from you," I desperately try to make sense of his story. "As I've told you, there are things in my past I'm not proud of, but I have no regrets. You two wouldn't be here otherwise."

His turns toward us, his face held worry. "My fear of losing Misako controlled me and led me down a dangerous path. A path I hope to one day make peace with."

——————————————

"Dad, I don't understand. You were with Chen, yet you fought beside Wu in the wars. What happened to the truce," I tried to make sense with all of this information.

"When Chen said, 'never trust a snake' he was right. The Serpentine struck first. The Alliance if the Elemental Masters fought back.
But they had never seen the likes of an Anacondrai Warrior.
They were bigger, smarter, natural leader on the battlefield.
The Anacondrai were a proud tribe who fought with every ounce of venom.
There was no greater warrior in the land.
And with them in command, they proved to be too much for the Alliance to handle.
Chen stood to gain more if he sided with the Snakes, he wanted me to help him.
Thought the evil in my veins tempted me, I wouldn't fight a war for him.
I would only fight to see Misako again.
From then on, Chen and I went out separate ways.
So that I could join my brother in battle.
We were the sons of the first Spinjitzu Master.
And together, with the Elemental Alliance, we stood a fighting chance.
But Chen's influence changed all that.
He found a way to turn the Alliance against each other.
The battle was all but lost.
But in our darkest hour, we found hope.
The Serpentine were divided and locked away in tombs.
Chen and Clouse were exiled.
And the Anacondrai generals were given the strictest sentence: Banishment to the Cursed Realm, so that they will never set foot in Ninajgo again.

"Even after all this time, you never told Wu about your past with Chen?" I nodded my head in agreement with Lloyd.

"What would I have said? I would've lose your mother as well as my brother. Not to mention -" I cut him off. "I remember someone once told me to control my fear, not let it control me."

He smiles, proud of his children. "Once we're out this all behind us, I'll make things right. But first, we need to find Nya. Come on."

——————————————

I hear a girly grunt as someone runs into Lloyd. "Nya!" I tackle her into a hug. She holds tight onto me. "They took Jay! They took everyone!"

I stiffen as she yells. "Slow down, Nya." Nya, quite frantically, shoves the page into Lloyd's hand. "You're the only ones left. You guys are the only ones who can stop it."

Clearly confused I ask. "Stop what?" Lloyd opens the page. "A transformation spell?"
"Transformation for an army of Anacondrai. The tournament may be over, but the next Serpentine war may have just begun."

—————————

For a different book I need your help to chose who to do an x reader for

Kai
Cole
Nya

I'm not doing Lloyd or Zane or jay since I have an Idea for them already :)