The Art of the Silent Fist

(After being pursued to Sensei Garmadon's monastery by the Nindroids, the ninjas sneak back into Ninjago City under the disguise of a circus train.)

Season Three: Episode Two
Words: 1.8k

"Aah, perfect place to to lay low," Lloyd says and I push the rest of the branches over my vehicle. "No robots, no cameras, no problems."

Nya walks over to us, "still, if any aerial drones pass overhead, you better wear this." She hands him his own tech suit. "It will scramble their signal so they can't find you."

"Lloyd," I hear a voice say. We all turn around and see our mother. She runs up to us and hugs Lloyd and I. "Mum?"

"What are you all doing here?"
"The Overlord's back and New Ninjago City has fallen under his control."
"He has Sensei Wu," I sigh.

"Wu's tough. There's a reason he's lived as long as he has."
"But," I start, "where's dad?"
"Yeah, where is Lord Garmadon," Kai adds.

"He no longer goes but Lord. Here, he is Sensei Garmadon. And he won't be back until this evening's lesson"

"Did you just say Sensei Garmadon," Jay asks wildly.
"I'm glad he's on our side now. With Sensei Wu gone, we could use the help."
"Can you show us there mom," I ask.

"Come on, But your weapons are not allowed. Ever since Lloyd saved his father, Garmadon's sworn an oath to never fight in hope to make up for his evil past."
Nya and my mother keep walking.

"But we were supposed to protect these with our lives," Kai says.
"And never let them out of our sight," Jay adds.

"You guys go on ahead, I will stay back and watch over them," Zane says.
"Thanks," I smile, sliding off the wrist guards.

———————————

"Pass it to me," I shout to the kids playing ball. One of them kicks it and I catch it, throwing it back towards them.

As they run towards us, they completely pass by the boys, staying with me and Lloyd.
"Can I get a hug, purple ninja?"
I laugh, bending down to hug the boy.

I back away as the boys join in, playing with the kids. I smile, looking at Cole as he lets the kids hang in his arms.
I then bite my lips as I look to Kai, who has a kid laughing on his shoulders.

"Ladies, I recognize that look."
"Huh? What do you mean?"
"What look? I wasn't looking?"

"Two boys, one heart?"
Nya looks at me, "you too?"
"Are we that obvious," I ask, answering Nya's question.

——————————

We all sit on the training mats.
"Ah, my children, so glad you could join us," My father emerges.

"Hey, good to see you," I smile.
"Heh, it's been a while," Lloyd waves.

Jay whispers to Cole, stopping when my father hit him on the head with his staff.
"Silence, tonight's lesson is the Art of the Silent Fist, to fight without fighting."

My father starts to show his student, Lloyd volunteering. I start to lean towards Nya as they begin, Lloyd failing to hit my father.

"You did the matchmaker?"
"Yeah, it probably doesn't mean anything," she reassured. "You're probably right," I sigh.
"Who did you get?"
I freeze, "it doesn't matter."