The Surge

(In the wake of the Overlord's defeat, Ninjago City is reborn and the ninjas teach at Sensei Wu's academy. But the peace doesn't last long.)

Season Three: Episode One
Words: 1.9k

"I can see you."
"You're not even trying."
"Really, Brad?"

I watch as I try to teach the students stealthiness.
The bell rings signaling recess. All the students run out, almost knocking me down in the process.

"Ugh, you know, when Sensei said we would get to teach the kids I thought it would be more fun than this," I slump onto the ground.

"Nice tie," I tease Kai as he tries to fix it. "Thanks."
As Nya enters the room I hear all of the boy students swoon over her.
"Why is it when I teach, I get the feeling that none of the boys are listening?"
"Here, here," I say from my position on the floor.

"Hey, did you guys hear the news?"
Nya's question makes us all jump up excitedly.
"There's trouble?"
"Danger?"
"An emergency?"
"Oh, a new menace?"
"We get to fight?"
"No," she scoffs, "we got clearance for a field trip. A trip to Borg Industries."

I groan, "I don't really trust that guy. I mean he just pops out of nowhere with all his new technology."
Jay starts fantasizing about the Borg Industries. Cole wraps and arm put my waist, making me blush.
"Let's go I guess."

——————————

"So we really are going back to the city," Kai says as I grab onto the handle bar of the bus.
"I mean, we haven't been there since...you know," Cole looks at me warily.

"Get a move on, Nya," Sensei says.
"Aye, aye, Sensei."

————————————

I ignore the amazing light all the others are seeing about, seeing someone come straight for us. "Incoming!"

"Ugh, who still here uses wheels anymore? Get with the program!"
Cole hood out of the bus to move the other vehicle away. "Don't worry, we'll free you up."

I smile as he picks up the vehicle easily.
"Stand back, pedestrian."
"Who you calling pedestrian," I look towards the robot that is talking to Cole.

"It appears our help is not welcome," Zane says, straightening his jacket.
"Well, I prefer traveling the old-fashioned way. On foot," Sensei says.

"Besides, it's not like we can't find where we're going."

———————————

I slowly nod my head as we enter the gigantic building.
"Welcome to Borg Industries. I'm Pixal, Cyrus' Primary Interactive X-thermal Asssistant Live-form."
Another nindroid comes towards us.
"I'm sorry to hear about the traffic accident."

My eyebrows raised, "but that happened just a few minutes ago."
She stares at me, "everything in New Ninjago City is fully automated and interconnected. You are Zane, a droid like me."

"Permission to scan," she asks Zane.
"Uh...permission granted?"
She starts to scan him, turning to me.
"Permission to scan Ms. Garmadon?"
"Uh...no."
I slowly back away towards Cole.

"What was that for," he asks laughing.
"I'd rather not get 'scanned' by anyone," I giggle.

"Strange. I am unable to contact a power source. What powers you?"
"I, uh... I don't know," he says truthfully.