Kingdom Come

(After being betrayed in the Cloud Kingdom, the ninjas battle Morro for the Sword of Santuary and learn he is ultimately after the Realm Crystal.)

Season Five: Episode Six
Words: 1.5k

We walked up to the gate of Cloud Kingdom. The doors open and a man walks down the steps.
"Welcome to Cloud Kingdom. We've been excepting you."

"Ha, how are we-," Jay gets cut off.
"Standing on a cloud? Easy, in other realms, there are other rules."
"Nice to me you, I'm-," Kai begin.
"Kai, Yes, we all know. You're quite popular with the other monks."
"You know-," Cole gets interrupted.
"You've traveled far for the Sword of Sanctuary."
"Blimey! But how he you-," Zane gets stopped
"Finishing your sentences? I know, it's rather annoying, but up here we know, let's just say... we know what's going to come next."

I step forward. "So, you know that Morro is it far behind?"
"Yes, follow me and I'll explain."

—————————————

As we enter the main area the monks start whispering about us. "I know you're familiar with a few of the realms. Cloud Kingdom is just one more of the many."

"There must be more than ten," I conclude, whispering to Cole.
"I'm this realm, we strive for a greater understanding and let go of distractions. There's no tv and no video games."

Both, Jay and I groan. "It appears all any lad does here be writing," Zane says.
"That is because here out word matter. We are the writers of destiny. It was here that Lloyd became the green ninja and (Y/n), became the purple ninja."

Cole and I share looks, Jay still upset about no video games. "And just now, Zane should find his voice again."

"I sense my vocal pattern has returned without any repairs," Zane speaks, his voice no back to normal.
"How did that happen," I ask, a little uneasy about this. "It was written."

We walk ahead, Jay goes around, looking at all the writings, messing up a few. "If you know what happens next, then you know how important for us to get the Sword of Sanctuary."

"Yes, I also know about your worry for Lloyd. Sadly, we cannot ensure promises because we aren't allowed to chose sides." He gets closer to us, whispering. I back away slightly, not liking the closeness
"No one will tell you this, but we had intended for Morro to stay in the Cursed Realm."
"He was never supposed to get out," I gasped.
"Yes, he somehow defied destiny."

Zane shared a knowledgeable look with me, feeling indifferent about this whole situation. "Ever since Morro broke free, things had been happening out of our control."

"Well, quit talking and give us the sword," Kai demands. "Yeah, we'll stop Morro," I add.
"Look, we want to give it to you, but Master Writer wants to see you."

—————————————

We hopped onto a floating boat. Fenwick made it move, changing the surrounding around us. With every little change of scenery, I lost focus on the explanation. The Preeminent roared at us, shocking me from my distant state.

"If she gets out and curses Ninjago, there will be no stopping her reign until every last realm falls under her control," is all I get before it changed back to Cloud Kingdom.

"Now, if you just wait in here, the Master Writer will be with you soon," he pushes us into a small building and locks the doors behind us.