The Royal Blacksmiths

(The ninjas go undercover as a dance troupe and enter a talent contest in their quest to win the Blade Cup, where one of the Fangblades are hidden.)

Season One: Episode Nine
Words: 2.0k

"(Y/n), wake up," I hear Cole say as he gently shakes me.
"What happened," I groan as my head pounds.
"You passed out screaming, 'get out of my head!'," he says.

"Oh," I pause, "I'm fine," I get up out of bed, stumbling around.
"You are so not fine."
"I am," I grumble.

————————————

"It appears his impatience is because he has not found his inner peace and unlocked his full potential like you and I Jay," Zane says.
"Ok Mr.Roboto but (Y/n) or Cole hasn't either," Kai says salty.
"I got it," Cole yells.
"You've unlocked it," Kai asks, "oh! Why am I the only one!"

"No dumb dumb, I figured out where I recognize the Fangblade from," Cole says. He runs out of the room and comes back in with a picture.

He hands me the picture, "back where I grew up, there's this big competition, where every year the winner gets the Blade Cup. My dads won it multiple times."
"Cute," I say ruffling his hair. He blushes.
"You never told us he was an accomplished athlete," Zane say also looking at the photo.
"Oh, no, he's uh, blacksmith."

"There's nothing wrong with that. My father was one too," Kai says.
"No not that kind," Cole says, "he's a Royal Blacksmith." He boys start laughing as Cole shows them a picture of his dad, I've seen it many times.
"But how did it become a trophy?"
"Well, supposedly, the Blade Cup was made but this guy who collected priceless artifacts."
"Clutch Powers," I ask, "Yeah, anyway, it gets passed on to each year's winner. But I don't know who has it I haven't talked to my father in years."

"Well, let's call him," Kai says.
"No we can't. He thinks I'm in Ninjago City training at the Marty Openheimer School Of Preforming Arts," he groans, "he wanted me to follow in his footsteps but when I couldn't sing or dance, I-I ran away. When he's sees I can't dance he'll know I've been lying in the letter I've been sending him."

I grab his shoulder, "he doesn't know you're a ninja?"
"What you're gonna crack some joke that my old man wear's a tutu," he asks, "no, but if we're gonna have any chance at getting that Fangblade before they do, we'd better get our own act in tune."

"What are you saying," I ask, nervous. Kai looks at me and smirks.

—————————

We cheer jumping off the ship and landing on the ground, "it feels so different doing that in normal clothes," I say looking at my purple hoodie and black pants.

Cole pulls out a case, "hand them over."
"But no mortal should possess all five," Jay jokes. I slide off my guards and hesitantly place them in the case.
"Wanna remind me again why we can't keep our weapons," Kai asks.
"I told you, my dad can't don out I'm a ninja, and I don't feel like making up excuses why I'm carrying a giant scythe around."

"Mkay, pretty boy," I pull the strings on his hoodie, "Hey! Just remember the plan, we find out who had the Fangblade trophy, we snatch it, and get the heck out of town."

Cole knocks on the door and his father open it. He then says something about 'being too good for a doorbell' and slams the door closed.
"Use the bell, son," I hear him say. Cole presses the bell. He opens the door hugging him, "Come on in some. It's been forever. What did you bring a quintet," he asks seeing us behind Cole.