Island Of Darkness

(After fighting off the Stone Army, The ninjas arrive at the Temple of Light and harness their pure elemental powers, concentrating them into Lloyd.)

Season Two: Episode Ten
Words: 1.6k

"This whole island is swarming with Garmadon's indestructible Stone Army," Kai says as I wipe the sweat off of my eyebrows.

"Ha! Good thing we're ninja and we know how to hide."
"Who want to hide when you can fight," Cole exclaims, slamming his shovel down.
"I'm getting tired of having our head buried in the sand."

"I don't know, it feels good to have some resting time," I say.
"I agreed with (y/n), But Cole, they have no apparent weaknesses. It would be unwise to start a fight we cannot finish," Zane explains.

"That is why we must find the Temple of Light," Sensei says.

————————————

"The Scrolls say there is a hidden temple on the island. If you find it, it will give the ninja pure elemental powers, powers that can destroy the indestructible army," my mother says.

I look over her shoulder and see the four places for the boys, in the middle a spot for Lloyd, but I'm nowhere to be seen.

"So you're saying we get to fight? Ooh! I've got happy feet," Cole cheers.

"And you, my son, here is written: "For once the Green Ninja finds the instrument of peace, he will strike it and know the power of the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master."

"Sensei can I talk to you," I lead him away from the others.
"What is it, (Y/n)?"

"I feel so useless," I throw my hands down, defeated.
"Why do you say that?"
"Because, all that scroll says is about the four ninja and Green Ninja, I'm not involved. I'm not meant to be in this prophecy, so why am I here?"
"I can't answer that, I'm sorry," he walks away.

"(Y/n), come on, we're gonna go find the Temple of Light," Cole says.
"Okay," I grumble.

I hear Sensei tell Lloyd to stay back.
"I can stay with him," I offer.
"No! You must go with the ninja," Sensei snaps at me.
"Fine," I glare and walk out.

————————————

"Look, this must be Garmadon's camp," Jay says.
"No, I didn't see Garmadon right there," I reply sarcastically.
"You alright there, (y/n)," Kai asks.
I mumble a small 'yes'.

"It looks like he's building something," Kai says as I look over to the new build.
"Let me see," Zane takes the medallion.
"Nothing matches."

"Wait," he stops in one place.
"You found the Temple of Light," Jay asks excitedly.
"No, look!"
"Your falcon."
"I though it got shot down and was lost for good," I ask.

"Not is I can retrieve it and get the pieces back to my father," Zane says hopping up.
"Wait Zane," I pull him down.
"You're veering from the plan. We're supposed to be finding the Temple of Light and staying out of sight."

"If I we're any of you, I'd do the same. I have to get my friend back," he starts jumping away.
Cole goes to stand up but Kai pulls him down.

"The more of us that go, the more chance we'll get caught. We just have to stay here and hope he doesn't get seen."
"Aww, I wanna fight!"