Infamous

(The ninja find themselves going from famous heroes to hunted villains when someone impersonates them and commits crimes all over Ninjago City.)

Season Six: Episode One
Words: 2.2k

"Go reading, go!"
As the boys finish their filming I cringe to myself, hiding my face. Darreth thought it was a great idea to make a kids show to teach kids the basics of life, while also getting a bunch of money.

"Cut! That was perfect. Girlie, are you sure you don't want to be in it?" He slung an arm around me. I pushed it off. "I'm good."

I watched as Nya walks in, her suit all cleaned.
"That's a wrap," Darreth announces, the workers putting the things away.

"What? I just got here," Nya says, walking to my side. Darreth notices Nya after he congratulated the boys. "Hey, sweetheart. Mind sticking around to teach girls how to apply makeup?"

Nya's face screws up as she stomps towards him. I scoff at his words, disgusted. "You're going to need makeup when I rearrange your face," Nya shouts, Jay and Kai holding her back.

Incase I do the same, Lloyd and Cole by my side. "Darreth, Nya is one of us now. She shouldn't be treated differently."

"Y/n, you guys added another girl to the group," he says like it's no big deal.
"I'm a girl, there was no problem with that!"

I step back, rubbing my face. Darreth lays his hand on my shoulder. I tense up.
"Girlie, do you know how much that hurts our image. They'll be tons of more scandals. We already have one with Jay, Cole, and Nya."

Lloyd steps forward, Darreth's hand sliding off me.
"We're equal. Our powers comes from no one being more important than the other."

Lloyd has strain in his voice as he talked, obviously holding himself back. Darreth rolled his eyes. "I don't tell you how to do your business, so don't tell me how to do mine."

He pushes the boys and I away from Nya, holding up a magazine. Cole grabs it. "Why does it still say Jay and I are fighting over Nya? That's old news."
Lloyd looks over my shoulder.
"Sensei Lloyd? But I'm only a Sensei in training."

"Who cares if it's fake, you're the hottest thing in Ninjago!"

—————————————

Finally, back on the Bounty, I can relax. All the fans going after us all day is exhausting. As I lean back in my chair, my ninja outfit still on, I get sprayed by a stream of water.

I sputter and cough, wiping the water away. My mother walks up and hands me a towel, beckoning me to follow her.

We walk down the stairs, seeing Nya surrounded by water-logged fighting robots. "Bad day," My mother asks.

Nya turns to us. I begin to put the robots back together. "You're supposed to hit them, not destroy them."

Nya gives a weak smile. "I'm a girl, but I'm also a lot of other things. But that doesn't matter when everyone sees me as one thing. The problem ninja."

"Nya, I get it, you want a fair shot. Trust me I've had to work for it," I hand her a towel and help clean the floor of water. "Everyone was fine with a purple ninja until they found out I was a girl, then it was chaos. They'll get over it, just show them how good you are."

My mother jumps up, putting the head of a robot back in place. "You can't just want people to accept you, you have to work for it. The harder things are, the more you excel."