Once Bitten, Twice Shy

(Jay and Nya must cut short their first date in Mega-Monster Amusement Park as the Serpentine are on their way to retrieve one of the four Fangblades.)

Season One: Episode Eight
Words: 878

"Some villagers unearthed the remain of this Fangpyer a few miles away. It predates the Golden age and must be hundreds of years old. Although the venom in the fangs of the Fangpyer genetically mutate human cells into reptilian, I've learned there could be a way to stop the effects without having to create an antivenin," Nya explains even though the only one paying attention is Jay.

"I am so close," I hear a voice echo throughout my head.
I grab a section of my hair and tug it roughly, diverting my attention elsewhere, "stop, get out of my head," I whisper.

"Your eyebrows are bushier than that," I joke to Cole looking at his paining. He pushes me, laughing.
"Is someone wearing perfume? I'm severely allergic," Nya says, her face getting red. "You told me it was cologne," Jay whisper yells to Kai, "eh, I get them mixed up," he says making us all laugh.

I close my book, "looks like class is over."
"Time to start stomping some Serpentine before they find any Fangblades," Cole says standing up.
I walk out talking with Zane about the Fangblades.

———————————

"The bridge just picked up evidence of Serpentine activity over at the amusement park," Kai says as Jay walks in talking about a date with Nya.
In the picture shown is Pythor, "Pythor would not be there for fun. We believe a Fangblade may be buried underneath the park."
"But my date," Jay whines.
"Jay if they get all four of them, Pythor can unleash the Great Devourer," Kai warns.

——————————

We get to the park but no one's there, "where is everyone?"
We hear a bunch of screams and see people running.
"But wasn't that ride never scary," I ask, "yeah it never was," Cole answers me.
"Venomari," Zane explains.
"Should we get Jay," I ask, "Let's not bother the two love birds," Cole says, "but you're right here," Kai says making me blush.

We all run into the ride and see the snakes.
"Not so fast," Kai says.
"Really? That's all you got," Cole asks sarcastically.
"I couldn't think of anything on the fly."
"How about "time to burn" or "jump on this fire ride" huh?"
"Well, next time, you lead."
"Fine I will, next time."
"Guys can you stop we've got snakes to hit," I say interrupting their little dispute as the volume comes back.

"I can feel it."
"Get out of my head," I say, digging my nails into my forearm in hopes of silencing him.

We run and start fighting but then Zane takes control. He ends up freezing himself and the others, I jump out of the way in time. The all starts laughing so I run after the Fangblade but get stopped but more snakes.
I defeat them but by that time Pythor is gone so I run towards them while the boy try to get out of the ice.

—————————

"Oh what happened? Snake bite your tongue," Pythor says as he spots a tail on Jay. "You were bitten," I ask running over to him, "no, the fangs of the uncovered one stabbed me," he says. I shake my head, raising my hands as the snakes come closer.

"Jay," Nya yells. We look over and see her on the roller coaster strapped on. "Jay go help her I'll get the others," I tell him. He nods and proceeds to get on the coaster.

—————————

"You really had me fooled. I would've never guessed you were the samurai," Zane says.
"I wish I had a sister like you," Cole says.

"Technically I was the first to discover her secret, along with (y/n)," Kai says making Cole push me, "and didn't we agree whoever we though was the best would naturally be the green ninja?"

" Um, we did?"
"Why would we say that?"
"Nope. That conversation is not in my database."
"Yeah, I'm drawing a blank."
We are all confused making Kai sigh and shake his head.

"You know what I learned today," Jay asks, "what that?"
"No matter what kind of secret you have, whether you're a snake or a samurai, it's important to be yourself."

I look down thinking about his words, 'it doesn't matter what kind of secret you have, it's important to be yourself.'
"You know what I learned today," Cole asks, "the Serpentine now have the first Fangblade."

"I'm sorry it's my fault, I could've gotten it," I say sadly. Cole puts his arm around me, "no it's all our fault."
"We will all reach our true potential and Pythor will be stopped, so don't worry we will stop him," Zane says.

"And we figured all this out without Sensei. Pretty good for us five ninja. And a samurai."

"I wonder what Sensei is doing now."
Kai's words made a sentence echo in my mind.

"I am here my daughter."
"Get out," I scream, holding my head in my hands.

Cole rushes towards my side as I whisper, "Get out."
"What's wrong," he asks.
"She's going unconscious," I hear Zane says as my vision goes black.