Home

(Back in training mode with the looming threat of Lloyd and the Hypnobrai, Zane wanders after a Falcon and lands himself on a heap of trouble)

Season One: Episode Two
Words: 1.5k

I wake up to the noice of grunting and sigh, getting out of bed to change. Once I've changed I put my wrist guards on and head to the training center where all the boys are standing near Sensei.

The gong crashes signaling mail. We all run to the doors as the mailman hands us each a letter. I take a seat and read the note.

Dear daughter,
I am taking time out of my day to write to you saying I am very sorry for my lack of connection with you and I hope you can forgive me. I haven't heard from Lloyd at all so if you know anything about him please tell.
Sincerely, your father, Lord Garmadon.

I roll my eyes and growl, letting smoke cover my hands and destroy the note, leaving behind black ash, "all he cares about is him!"
"Are you okay," Cole asks as he heads down to the dragons, "I heard you yell."
I look down at my hands still seeing the smoke so I take a breath and nod, "yeah I'm fine."

—————————————

We all gather around the table for dinner as it was Zane's night to cook.
"Mm I love it when it's Zane's night to cook," Jay speaks as he shoves another shrimp in his mouth.
"Hey, I didn't hear any complaints about my duck chowder last night," Cole says as Kai gets ready to reply, "that's because it glued out mouths shut. You really thought Jay was speechless all through dinner?"

Cole looks towards me and I give him a sideways smile. "Yeah don't ever make that again," Jay says.

"Dinner is served," Zane says as he lays down a turkey. They all start to laugh as I give Zane a sorry smile. "Zane why are you wearing that," Nya speaks, "even I wouldn't wear that."

"You laugh because I take steps to ensure I am clean after cooking?"
"No we laugh because you came out wearing that ridiculous outfit," Kai says.
"I guess we don't share the same sense of humor."

Well how about this," Cole says throwing a plate into Kai's face. I chuckle as it slides of his face before everyone starts throwing food at each other.
Zane frowns before leaving the room.

———————————

The next day Zane said he has found something and leads us into these woods. We all pant and struggle to keep up with Zane.

"I don't even think Zane knows where he's going," Kai says as we catch up to him, "tell us how you manage to stumble across Lloyd's secret headquarters?"
"I followed a bird," was his reply.
"Why," I dragged out the 'y', "because it danced."

"Oh. okay. Was it a cuckoo bird," Jay asks making us all laugh except for Zane who starts speaking about how cuckoo birds aren't indigenous to these forests before running off making us run after him. We stop at the top of a small hill and look at the base.

It was suspended by trees and Lloyd had the Hypnobrai build it. We could hear him shout orders to the snakes. "We can't let that brat and those snakes get a foothold in Ninjago," Kai says to which I add, "we got to destroy that thing before it becomes operational."
Jay whines talking about how it's a cool treehouse and we ignore him.