Day of The Great Devourer

(Disaster threatens as the ninjas mush fight to defeat the all-consuming Great Devourer in a desperate attempt to save Ninjago, as (Y/n) unlocks her true potential.)

Season One: Episode Thirteen
Words: 2.1k

Thunder clapped as the Great Devourer struck Sensei Wu and Pythor, "no," I whimper as it turns towards us.
"Maybe if we stand super still," Jay begins to say but the Devourer hisses loudly, "run!"

We all run to the ship as it chases after us. We all manage to jump on the ship as it takes a bite, but missed.
Kai cheers as we leave the snake in the dust but a second later it appears right in front of us. Nya swerves the ship as the snake barely misses us.

"We need to go faster."
"We're going as fast as we can," she yells, "i'll try to make it to Scattered Canyon."
"The probability of us making it that far is right percent."
"Never tell me the odds!"

"It's coming in for another attack Port side," Cole says as Nya turns the ship.
"We're losing speed," I yell, "we'll drop to the ground soon," Lloyd finishes.
"Throw everything overboard," Nya yells.

I rush outside and take the barrels and extra equipment and toss it off, the others doing the same.

"Does anyone else think the Devourer looks bigger than before?"
"The more it consumes the bigger it gets," Cole says.
"Don't throw anything else overboard," I scream.

I fall as Nya dodges the scattered canyons. I look over and don't see him anymore. "We lost him," Cole says.

Just then the Devourer knocks into our ship taking off the thrusters, "abandon ship!"
I jump off transforming into the plane with the others.
As he approaches our ship we fly backwards and take safety under a rock. I transform back and watch it eat our ship in one bite. "No," we all yell catching its attention.

I rush out towards it ignore the others protests. As it roars I hold my hands out as it stops right  in front of me, confused.

I feel a rush of power go through me as my wrist guards start to glow. I feel my true potential, "I am (y/n), daughter of Lord Garmadon, Ninja of Darkness, and I know who I am," my voice echos as I float into the air. Black smoke covers the sky as I thrust my arms up. The sky darkens, turning day into night.

I slam myself into the ground knocking the Devourer away. It roars before hurdling into the ground. I fall to the floor as Cole catches me, bringing me back underneath.

"You did it, you've reached your full potential," he hugs me. "That was too intense. All that action," Kai says.

"There's no time to rest. We need to warn people before it becomes bigger," Zane says.
"Bigger? Bigger?! That thing in one big bite crushed our entire ship," Jay screams, "we need to save as many as we can. Uh, uh, we'll find some kind of refuge, somewhere safe to hide," Jay starts rambling.

"Just give up," Cole asks ridiculously. I shift in my spot as Jay speaks, "you know as well as I do, we have no chance at stopping that thing!"

"Listen to yourselves. Is this what Sensei Wu would've wanted? Us fighting? Running and hiding? Giving up," Kai says.
"Sensei Wu isn't here Kai! He's dead," I snap.
Lloyd walks over to me as I sigh heavily.

"But his teaching alive on. Sensei once told me it's not the size of a ninja in a fight, but the size of the fight in the ninja. All this training, all of these battles we've had with the skeletons and the Serpentine. We've persevered through so much,  we can't just give up now," Kai says, "a ninja never admits defeat," I interrupt him, "a Ninja always pick himself up when he is down. Which is exactly what Sensei would want us to do right now."