Versus

(The contest begins, and soon Cole is forced to battle with Jay. Zane regains his memory with help from Pixal.)

Season Four: Episode Three
Words: 1.0k

I watch the boys get their food and walk over to me. The speakers go on. I adjust my body to face Shade, a deep scowl on my face. 
"Will the following masters please make their way to their assigned arena? Speed, gravity, smoke, nature, mind, and last and hopefully not least...fire!"
We each send Kai a surprised look. "Guess I'm up."

—————————————

Each fight was short. In the end, speed, fire, and mind all won.
Three people were already out.
Three people's powers were taken away.

—————————————

We hear a lot of commotion from the main room and walk over. "What is all this noise about?" Everyone moved out of the way to reveal that Jay and Cole have to fight each other. I inhale a gasp, never expecting this to happen.

"Ah, but why does it say I have to fight Cole? It's my day off." Jay begins to rant. "Is there a problem, Ninja?" Clouse walks up to us. I sneer.

Lloyd and my father both hold me back. "You changed the brackets!" Clouse simply shrugs as he walks away chuckling. "Oops."

Lloyd turns to Garmadon. "What do we do? They can't fight each other. We came here to become a whole, not fall apart."
Garmadon sighs. "Be at peace with it."
I don't even know where to go with his words. "Be at peace? You're kidding." I stop laughing when he stares at me.

Jay starts to freak out about how he's going to lose. I calm him down. "We find Zane then none of us have to battle. Your fights isn't until tonight so we have time." Jay nods his head at me, seeming to calm down slightly.

"I think I know just the person who can help us."

—————————————

"Neuro? Really," I ask as we walk up to him. Kai smirks, nudging me with his shoulder.

"We need your help," Lloyd says, stepping forward. "You think I can get close to Chen to read him mind, so you can find your friend and not have to fight." His voice was irritating to my ears. He didn't even turn to face us.

"Don't forget...," Kai starts just to get interrupted. "You still need to know what Chen's up to because he's hiding something."
Jay steps back. "Impressive." I rolls my eyes once more, he was getting annoying.

"Shut it, and Cole thinks Jay won't last long in a fight." Instantly, I roll my eyes. Neuro is starting conflict between us. Jay turns to Cole and starts yelling at him. I try to step in between them but Kai stops me. "It's no use."

"Don't be offended, Cole. Jay here thinks you're the least valuable ninja." Neuro's words only made them yell louder.

"Are you serious?" I step forwards, separating the two boys. "And you, (Y/n), you're..."
I tilt my head giving him a hard glare. "What? Can't read my mind?" I could feel him push and push against the mental barrier I had set up. "Argh!"

He finally gives up, going into Lloyd's head. "Chen's going to steal your power. So, are you in?"

"Fine."

—————————————

I stood with my father watching Jay and Cole get ready for the fight. "Dad, I don't want this to happened. What is we don't find Zane and we lose our powers for nothing?"

He turns to me, resting a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "You said you saw him take away Karlof's powers with ice. That means he has Zane's power." I sigh, completely ready to give up. I face away from my father as the match begins.

Chen doesn't get enough time to introduce Jay and Cole before they start fighting. It's all a blur and they use their powers to fight against each other.

They use their powers to hold the other away. Their masks move as they yells and shout insults at them. I fidget with the hem of my suit, trying to hold back my nervousness.

Cole shoves Jay into the floor and the crowd cheers. I have to screw my eyes close and move closer to Lloyd to stop from screaming. I hated watching these two fight. I just hated it.

Before they go to attack once more, they hold out their powers but their faces soften. It looks like they're making up. "Are they apologizing?" Kai means over to look at me. "I think so."

I watch as they begin to attack again, but this time it's obvious to me that they aren't trying. It's also obvious to Chen.
"Release the Condrai Crushers!"

The doors of the arena open up and out comes these robot things; driven by the thugs. Cole creates a small hill of rocks and grab one, tossing it into another.

Jay is quick to electrocute one of them and let it stop slowly. They both dodge another and it flies into a wall.

They high five and the crowd cheers once more. I smile happily but Chen jumps out of his chair. "Enough! I know what you are trying to do. If neither of you will win, the. You both lose!"

I lose my balance as the ground beneath Cole and Jay start to fall they flip and tumble before they also fall. Jay stops to say something at Cole.

Cole goes to grab the Jade Blade, at the last minute he tosses it to Jay, who grabs it. "Winner!"
Cole hops to the floor, screaming as it falls beneath him.

"Cole!" I bend my body over, trying to at least get a glance. But to no avail, I don't see him. "Cole may be gone, but he did not lose. Let what he did here today be a lesson for us all."

I begin the know what my father is going to say. "Know your enemy, but more importantly, know your friends." Lloyd side hugs me. "Today, he fought like a true ninja."