Ninja Roll

(The remaining Elemental Masters compete in a roller skating competition. Cole, Karlof and other eliminations must work in Chen's noodle factory.)

Season Four: Episode Four
Words: 1.5k

"Skylor, master of amber versus, Jacob, master of sound." I tune out the fight as they begin. My thoughts quickly catching my loss of attention.

What if we never find Zane? What happened to Cole? I am worried. I really am worried. "What do you think happened to Cole?" I lean over to whisper to Jay.

"I don't know. I don't think I want to know," he gives me a sad look. I get a blast of sound that makes me cover my ears.

"Master of sound has gotten stronger since the last time I saw him," my father speaks, removing his hands from his head.

Skylor touches Jacob, gaining his powers. "Oh sorry," Kai says as he joins up after stepping on everyone's feet.

"Maybe we shouldn't be sitting together. I mean, the more they think we're a team, the bigger targets we put on ourselves."
Before I can agree Lloyd looks over to us. "Don't say that, we are a team. Sure we just lost Cole and still can't find Zane, but we're a team."

I direct my gaze back to the fight. "Her power is fire?" My father looks at me. "No, it's amber. She can emulate anyone's power after she's touched them." Kai goes in a rant about how he's not related to her. Poor Kai.

"Good thing she didn't touch me." I shrug my shoulder. "She can't handle the power." Everyone cheers as Skylor wins, holding the Jade Blade in her hand.

"Since this is all entertaining, I wanted to give you fancy jewels," Chen says once Jacob has fallen through the hole. "But, Jay and Cole tried to trick me. So, you will not get any, and your fancy quarters will be taken away, and you'll all be sleeping in the same room." He cackles evilly.

"Jeez, ain't that great."

——————————————

I could hear the boys talking from their beds before the doors open, in coming thugs. "Hey, What are you doing? It's the middle of the night!"

The place the things on my feet. I only recognize them as roller skates when I stand and almost lose my balance. "Let me guess, another one of Chen's battles?"

I nicely skate over to Lloyd. Him and I know how to skate. Jay surprisingly skates over to me. "I love roller skates!" He seemed to know what he was doing. Kai on the other hand was seemingly struggling to even stand.

"Master Chen wants everyone of the Royal Arena." We all skate around to Clouse, others being faster. "If most of us have already fought, why are we all in skates?"

Clouse places his hands behind his back. "Only two of you will be fighting, but the rest of you will have a chance to...affect the outcome."

"Who's fighting?" Griffin skates next to me. "The Green Ninja versus the Master of Form."

I stand next to Kai as he begins to speak, doing strangely well at standing on his own. "You haven't heard? I hear she can look like anyone. She'd be right under your nose and by the time you figure out, she'll know all your weaknesses."

"Well, aside from a sore back, not many," Lloyd replies. Kai walks away. "Skates...why'd it have to be skates?"

"Kai," I yell as he slowly walks next to us. I hear Camille laugh as she changed from Kai back to herself. "Watch your back, green ninja."