The Snake King

(Pythor declares himself the destined leader who'll reawaken The Great Devourer, and ancient beast that can be killed and will consume all of Ninjago.)

Season One: Episode Six
Words: 2.3k

"First, I'll stomp on his tail. Then when he turns, a thunder clap to his ears. Then when he's stunned, I'll disarm him," Lloyd explains.

"Too lat, he's already hypnotized you and now you're under his control," Cole says.
"What if he's quick enough to get away, he can bite you and turn you," I say.
"Or he's already put you in a squeeze," Zane says.
"Or spit on you with his hallucinatory venom. Trust me, bad stuff," Kai says.

"Ah, sis," he cuts himself off, "uncle what's the best way to stun a Serpentine if you don't know what kind they are?"
"Sadly, it was the Sacred Flute you five carelessly lost," Sensei Wu says.
"Hey, no, no, no, we didn't lose it. Python stole it," Jay slams his hands in the table.

"Whatever the case, without it I fear we have nothing to combat their powers. We may have prevented them from uniting in the past, but they will try again, and one day they will be stronger," we all frown at his words.

"Don't worry. I've almost reached my full potential and when I become the green Ninja, we're not gonna need any magic flute."
"You're going to become the green ninja?"

I roll my eyes as Lloyd stands up, "what's in there box?"
"Your new uniforms," Sensei says as we all grab our outfits. Mines dark purple with spikes on the shoulders and shiny black material on the arms.
"It's about time," I say looking at the hole in my hood.

We all run to the bridge as the alarm goes off. Cole zooms I'm on the map, "sorry to break up the moment boys, but a small faction of our slithering friends are stirring up trouble over at Mega-Monster Amusement Park."

Lloyd asks if he can go but Sensei says no. The boys get changed while I stay back with Lloyd, "don't worry bro I promise you'll get to have fun, just not yet," he gives me a hug before I change and run to the others.

"I feel so light, yet so protected," I cheer as I make my way to the edge of the ship, slipping in my hood.
"You wanna strut your stuff on the catwalk, or get down to that park so we can go on some rides," Jay says as he jumps off.

I follow behind and use my wrist guards to transform into the plane. We all flip off the roof landing on the ground, "ha, ha, check that out not a scratch on me," Cole says.

There's cheering and people surround something so we go to check it out.
"Yes, yes we're here," Jay says as we get closer. In the middle are the Serpentine tied up. I furrow my brows seeing Cole do the same.

"Uh, what just happened," Kai asked, "oh, you totally missed it. There were like icky snakes, and then this mysterious Samurai came in and saved everyone."

Nya walks by and give two girls ice cream, "Nya you're here," Jay's says surprised. "Yeah, you just missed all the action. He just flew in, took care of business, and then flew off."

"I don't wanna be a ninja, I wanna be a samurai," a little boy in the distance screams.
"The samurai is my hero," some man says.

"Ugh, who is this guy," Kai says as I think the same.
"Whoever he is, he's stealing our thunder," Cole says.
"And we just got these new ninja suits," Jay says.
"It isn't fair," I say frowning.

"A new lesson, iron sharpen iron," Sensei says as he appears behind us with cotton candy. He hands me a piece and I share it with Cole, "I do not follow, Sensei," Zane says as I put the candy in my mouth.

"Healthy competition can help you reach your true potential faster. Do not be jealous, let it inspire you," Sensei says, and like that he was gone, running towards the Ferris wheel.
"What," I say, "inspire," Jay adds on incredulously.
"Wait, maybe the old man's right," Kai says.