The Corridor of Elders

(The final confrontation between the ninjas and the Anacondrai tribe unfolds, but a great sacrifice must be made if the heroes are to save the day.)

Season Four: Episode Ten
Words: 1.1k

"Chen has - Kai Village - everyone —," Nya's voice keeps cutting out as I try to get a connection. "Say, that again, Nya. Hello?"

"Attacked first — nothing - stop them!" Her voice doesn't get clear as I try to get better waves, but nothing works.

"Argh," I groan, slamming my hands down to break the radio. "It's no use." I catch sight of the keys. "Maybe, there's some use."

I start the truck and begin to drive, not knowing where I'm going. Suddenly, my head begins to hurt.

Go to Samurai X base

I huff, realizing it's Neuro and decide to find my way there.

——————————————

"We're all here," I announce once Tox and Camille step in. I watch sadly as Wu ignores my father. I guess he told them about the letter.

"Right, in the time you took to get here, Chen has taken over the entire Eastern seaboard and is moving inland." Nya begins to write on the board showing us what's happening.

Karlof hits his fists together. "How are we supposed to stop them?"

"Yeah," I agree, making everyone turn to me. "I lost control of my dragon, like most of us. Not to mention, we're outnumbered."

Everyone gasps at my loss of hope. Lloyd steps forwards and grabs my hand. "It may look like we've lost, but it's not over."

I sigh, "he's right, when we thought we lost Zane, it nearly tore us apart. But we didn't quit, so why quit now?"

"We will go to the corridor of elders, it's our best position. It may be narrow, but it's our best chance."

————————————

I line up next to Lloyd and Kai. The ground rumbling beneath us.

The Anacondrai step forward and stop, waiting for command. Lloyd creates a line with his powers that Cole, Zane, Jay, Kai, him, and I all stand by. People stand behind us, ready to fight.

Shade gives me a reassuring hand on my shoulder and a nod. "We fight as one." As Chen makes him army charge Lloyd says to hold the line.

I can feel Shade's grip get tighter as the near closer. "Hold it..."
The ground falls and some Anacondrai falls with it, others stop.

"Now!" Zane jumps forward and put ice over the fallen ground. I teleport in front of three snakes and kick them back. "Push them back."

Everyone collectively pushes the snakes back, but they fight against us. We all gang up and get ready to hold them back.

"Ugh, don't let up," I shout to Cole who began to slip. I smack one snake in the face and hold two others back.

"No," Lloyd shouts seeing more snakes fly into the sky, but cheer when my father and Wu take them down.

"Girly, I'm gonna stop them," Shade whispers as he disappears and takes one of the jets, taking down two more.

He salutes me after he thrown rockets at more snakes down below. "Hold the line!" I push harder, hearing one of them yell 'push'.

"Ninja go," we all say, using Spinjitzu to get the upper ground, pushing the snakes back. Nya drops the anchor and it falls on more of them.

I grab Scales and we both tumble into more snakes. People start screaming, but Gravis stops rocks from falling on them.

"They've widened to tunnel," Scales lisps from next to me. "No," I whisper as more snakes get through the ninja. I see something climb up the anchor, so does Lloyd.

"Sis, follow me," he says, grabbing me and hoisting me up the anchor. I see a little Pythor in his hand.

Lloyd runs to our father while I help my mother with snakes on the ground. I shoot a cannon at a group. "Glad to see you're okay, daughter." I give her a happy hug.

"I could unleash the spirits of the Anacondrai general," my father's voice catches my attention. I go to protest but Lloyd talks before me.

"Were not cursing you," his voice was angry. It's how I felt. We couldn't curse him! "We're not losing you to get them back," I argued.

"Pythor is right. I can't save ninjago..." my father trails off. Lloyd charges up to him. "You want my blessing to walk out on us again, fine, but don't expect me to stick around to watch you go." He shove the book into our father's hands and jump off to help the ninja.

He gives me a look filled with sadness. "It's your choice, father." I jump off to help my brother.

All the memories that flow through my head of Lloyd, our father, and I only push me to keep fighting as I jump and kick and punch every snake in my sight.

I use Spinjitzu to knock the snakes off of my teammates allowing them to keep fighting. "Lloyd, it's you who should send dad away."

He looks me into his eyes and his eyes are red and tears are falling down his cheeks. "Go, do it!"

A tears slips from my eye as I watch my father get sucked into the realm of no return, it swirls in the sky.

I don't realize I've stopped fighting and began crying until Cole warps his arms around me.

I look up once more and see the spirits of the Anacondrai Generals float down, touching the Anacondrai and bringing them up into the sky.

"There cursing Chen's army," Cole says as he holds his arms around my waist. They float up back into he sky and the realm portal disappears, leaving my ears ringing.

I cry happy tears, but sad at the same time as I clutch onto Cole's suit. Everyone cheers around me.

One of the Anacondrai Generals float down to me. "Thanks you, Master (Y/n), your bravery, courage, sweat, blood, and tears will forever remain in our hearts. Because of you and your brother, the balance if restored. You will have eternal respect, as the greatest warriors to ever battle in ninjago."

I bow to him as he joins the others in the realm of no return. Sensei lands the ship, Lloyd instantly runs over to me and cries in my shoulder.

"You did it Lloyd, you did it," I whisper, trying to not cry again. "No, we did it."

We laugh as Karlof hugs Kai and Jay. Zane acknowledges Neuro and griffin hugs Cole.

Lloyd warps his arm around my shoulder. As we both whisper. "Goodbye, father, for you made us who we are today. Because of you, we will live to see tomorrow."