Day of the Dragon

(Chen and his army invade Ninjago City, But the masters have escaped the noodle factory and follow close behind. Garmadon narroly escapes banishment.)

Season Four: Episode Eight
Words: 1.1k

We all cheer as we sink the Ferry. "The palace and sleeping quarters are all clear. Still no sign of Chen and Clouse," Cole says as we walk up to the others.

"What about Skylor?" Kai sends me a look filled with despair. "She wasn't able to pick her family, but she was able to pick her friends."

Kai smiles. "Well find her." Cole stretching his hand to hold mine. "He's right. With no way off the island, it'll only be a better if time."

My father walks up to join us. "I'm proud if you six. You've done what the original Elemental Masters never could: stick together."

——————————————

"Chen just figured out Skylor's powers can finish the spell. She's in danger," Griffin runs up to us. I take a few moments to let that settle in.

"He's replaces his Elemental staff with the elements in his daughter." My father looks to me. "But, she cant do it if she doesn't have my powers, right?"

My father sighs, "she can. Your powers are too powerful to control." I slightly smirk but it disappears as I realize she can still do the spell. "Where?"

Griffin tells us that it's on the other side of the island. Lloyd and I each create out elemental dragons.

——————————————

"Come on!" Lloyd flies next to me. "Watch out for booby traps," Nya says just as I dash to the side to stop a rock from hitting me.

Zane from beneath us seems to go at top speeds. I get worried as he doesn't slow down. "Zane," Jay tells just as Zane falls into a hole.

"Oh, no," I whisper making my dragon stop. "Go on without me," he calls from the hole.

"But-" Jay gets cut off by Kai. "He'll be alright. We have to stay on Skylor. She's too important."

I begin to fly ahead, catching up to the others. "What will happen if I use my powers against the Anacondrai?"

"Don't," my father warns. "It will hurt you, more than it will hurt them. They will use it against you." I look into his eyes and see nothing but seriousness.

————————————————

I fly up next to Cole and my father as Lloyd goes another way. I see Chen up ahead. "Fire at him Cole!"

He does exactly that and I wince seeing Clouse jump onto the roto-jet. Clouse begins to take apart the jet, only stopping when I fire a ball of darkness at him. "(Y/n), no!" I realize what I've done.

My father jumps out of it and tackles Clouse off of it. They both fall towards the ground. My elemental dragon falls from beneath be as I feel great pain in my body. Cole catches me and settles me in the jet.

"Good job, you just got yourself killed."

———————————————

Cole sets me down as Nya give me some water. "What did you do," she asks as Cole helps Karlof. "I may, or may not have used my powers." I give her a sheepish smile.

"(Y/n)! They could kill you!" She shakes my shoulders. I groan, "I know, but it was to help my father."

"Dad!" Speaking of dad, my father gets hugged by Lloyd. He hugs Lloyd but runs over to me. "Daughter, Aah!" He falls to the floor just as I shout in pain.

"What's happening," I question over the pain in my body. "Chen is doing the spell, using (Y/n)'s powers to help." Cole runs up and holds me in his arms.

I begin to lose my breath and my vision goes black.

——————————————

I gasp for air as I sit up. My father gets to his...tail? He's turned into an Anacondrai. "The spell... the spell, it's complete." His voice is higher and has a lisp.

"If everyone with the Mark of the Anacondrai is affected, that means..." we all begin to hear grunting in the distance as thugs, now warriors, come running towards us.

"Let's get them," Cole shouts as him and I pull out hoods over our faces. I run beside Tox and blow darkness towards a few, her doing her poison, but it seems to do nothing. She gives me a worried look.

"They're too strong!" I look over to see Cole, groaning as an Anacondrai grips his arm. I tackle it and drag Cole away.

"They're too fast!" Griffin gets overpowered by another.
"And they are too many!" My father falls as they all jump on him.

I kick the face of one, but it gets right back up and hits me to the floor. "Retreat! To the palace!"

I help pull Neuro into the room and push against the doors with the others. I look to my left and see Nya panting.

Jay jumps up. "Snake!" But Lloyd stops him. "No, don't. It's my father!" Jay goes into a rant about my father having many different types of bodies.

"Argh!" Cole groans next to me. I give him a smile and push against the door that the Anacondrai are pounding against.

Even with all of our weight against the doors, they still manage to over power us, but we barely hold the doors close.

I freeze as one of their swords come an inch from my face. Cole yelps. "Does anyone know any knock-knock jokes? Cause this isn't funny anymore."

But suddenly, the pounding at the door and the yelling all stops. "Where did they go?" I watch as Cole tried to peak out of the door.

"Don't! It could be a trick," I say walking up to the ladder. Everyone follows after me. We all gasp, seeing the Anacondrai take our things and fly off of the island.

I tackle Nya as everyone ducks to not get hit by the lasers. "No, we need to get to Ninjago," Camille says as Jay rages.

"We'll go alone," I conclude. "And take on his whole army," Nya and Cole ask at the same time. Cole grabs my hand.

"We're the only ones with elemental dragons," Lloyd tries to say. "Not anymore!" I shout happily seeing Zane on his own dragon.

"He faced his fear!" Kai cheers riding his own dragon, Skylor on the back. She's turned into an Anacondrai.
We all cheer and jump off the ledge, sprouting all of our dragon.

"Together, we will succeed!"