The Void

(after battling Nindroids on the outside of the Arcturus ship, the ninja hang on as the craft takes the battle into the heart of a comet.)

Season Three: Episode Seven
Words: 1.1k

"This was such a bad idea!" I bump straight into Lloyd. Jay goes on about how this is so amazing.

"We have to find a way to take control of the ship. If they get the Golden Weapons be back to the Overlord, ninjago doesn't stand much of a chance," Lloyd says as he struggles to get familiar with the low gravity.

"But there's no access to the rest of the ship." Kai rubs his head after he bumps into Lloyd. "And we can't go out there without dying."

"Uh, oh, look guys," I point to where a countdown has started. "(Y/n), you're right. In five minutes the entire ship is scheduled to lighten up. The supplement boosters are set to detach."

I look back at the boys, they look confused. "It means that the part of the ship we are in is going to be let go and we will forever drift into space."

"Hello?" Nya shows up onto the screen. I float back to grab onto Lloyd, bringing him closer. "Listen to me ninja, you need to escape the cargo hold before it's too late." Sensei explains how there's a compartment with space suits.

"We can't get the spacesuits unless we go outside!" Cole dramatically throws his hands back, hitting Lloyd, causing him to fly back. "Can we get some encouraging words?" I give a look of despair.

"If you cannot change your circumstances, change yourself." I sigh, letting my body float back. "That doesn't help."

Pixal explains that Zane is the only one able to survive outside the ship. "Oh I can't look."

————————————

"We made it!" I hear the others cheer into their headsets. "We have our spacesuits and found one way to change ourselves."

"You have to get to the cockpit. You'll find an access hatch just ahead of you." I look beyond where we are. "That's really far."

"Yeah also a desolate void of nothingness. If anyone of us falls off...," Cole says as he worriedly looks forward. My grip of the ship gets tighter as they start moving forward.

"It's so quiet."
"Well, it's space, nimrod."
"But I'm only trying to fill it."
I go to slap my head but remember I have the space suit in. "Guys, really?"

———————————

"Look out!" Kai pulls my leg, making the nindroids miss hitting me with their lasers. I hear them laugh as they continue to shoot at us.

Jay dodges an attack and grabs the laser gun, starting to do cool tricks like Fritz Donnagan. "Oh, I'm sorry for showing him that," Lloyd groans.

"Wait! Don't be, he's changing himself. Come on!"
Kai starts blasting them with fire, same with Zane and ice. Lloyd surround us with his energy orbs while I throw the balls of darkness at them.

"Ninja, oh, oh, Aah!" Cole starts floating away after trying Spinjitzu. "We can't use our Spinjitzu in zero gravity," Zane explains.

"Great," I groan seeing Cole start to fly away. "Help!"
I watch as Kai rolls his eyes, "I hate this, Fritz! Save him!" I would've laughed way too hard if we weren't in space.

Jay grabs Cole, Kai and Zane pulling them in by a rope. I set up a barrier of darkness as Lloyd continues to attack the nindroids.

————————————

I get hit by a piece of rock, kicking me out of my spot. "Asteroids!" I fail to keep up my shield.

"Cryptor's steering is into the tail of the comet. Find cover," Kai yells, pulling me to the side as another rocks comes my way. All of the nindroids get hit by asteroids.

"Looks like we're coming in hot, Lloyd!" As Kai shouts I turn around and grab Lloyd hands, Kai grabbing my own to safely keep us in board.
"Hold on!"

———————————

"We survived!" I hear jay gasp in relief and start kissing the ground. "We did?"
As we all get up Zane stares at me. "What is it?"

"Your suit..." I look up and see a huge hole where my helmet glass is supposed to be. "How-how am I alive."

"I, I don't know." I shake my head as Lloyd tried to get in contact with the others. Cole looks at me sadly. I glare back.

"Maybe the others didn't make it." We walks towards the ship. "They're all gone. They must have already left for the weapons."

I take off my spacesuit, putting my mask over my mouth. "Sis, look!" Lloyd points to where a rover lay. "They took the rovers, but left one!"

———————————

"Argh! Move your gas tank, I can't see."
"Your blaster is in my leg."
"Zane, you're squeezing my arm."
I start chuckling from my spot on the outside of the rover as I hear the boys as groan and fight while stuffed into the rover.

"This must be where the weapons landed." We start to enter the, what it looks like, a mountain. "There's the weapons," Cole whispered as we hide behind a few rocks.

A bug crawls along Zane's arm. "Oh, would you look at that, it's an extraterrestrial life form," Jay takes it. "It's a bug, now that's not what's important right now."

"I'm gonna call him Glowy," Jay says, completely ignoring Cole. I start to hear Sensei's voice, but there's too much interference.
"They eat through metal!" We start to get surrounded by hundreds of them.

"Guys, what do we do," I ask, swatting away the bugs, just for them to come back. "Come on, I've got an idea."

—————————————

I look behind us seeing the bugs chasing after us. The nindroids also start to attack us. I try to create a barrier but it doesn't work.

"Guys! I know what Sensei meant, we need to use the parasites as a weapon." I swat away more as they go to eat the rovers. They get in front of the nindroids, distracting them.

I cheer as two rovers crash into each other. As we come to a ramp I give an extra boost with my powers, getting us across.

All the boys except Lloyd go to get the launch key. We both kick off a nindroid as it hits our rover. "When did you learn how to drove," I ask, throwing another nindroid. "I really don't know," Lloyd shrugs.

We finally manage to get rid of all the rovers, except the one with the Golden Weapons. Kai jumps into the rover, grabbing the key and jumping back into ours.

We all laugh and cheer as we drove away. I abruptly stop cheering as I watch the rocket get eaten by the parasites. "It's...destroyed."

"How are we gonna get home? There's no way back."