The Temple on Haunted Hill

(The ninjas go to Sensei Yang's dangerous haunted temple to learn Airjitzu, and Nya quits her training but must use her powers to elude Morro's ghosts.)

Season Five: Episode Four
Words: 1.0k

Morro has set up camp in a cave. "The second symbol," Morro hisses. "Can any of you decipher it?"

He has me sat down next to him, like some pet. I wanted to reach out and hit him, but my body won't let me.

"I can, but you'll need more than Airjitzu to get there," Bansha says, whispering into my ear. Morro groans as Lloyd pushes against him, wanting to get to me.

'Lloyd, please, I need your help' I so desperately wanted to shout. "We'll need to harness more vessels," Soul Archer says.

"Me take. Me like to take."
"Settle down, Goul Tar," Morro says, sounding heavily like Lloyd.

"I know where to pick up a few more toys."

————————————

Morro has taken the address of Nya's secret Samurai X cave from me and taken us there.
"Yo...u....won....t....get.....aw....ay....with....th...is."
"Bansha, watch over her, she's stronger than I thought."

Bansha sits next to me, roughly pulling me down. "So, your the sis of the green ninja. Tell me, what's it like." I can only glare through my dead eyes. She chuckles, patting my shoulder.

Nya's samurai mech comes to life and she jumps out from a rock and hops into it. Morro puts me behind him.

Morro, even without Lloyd having control, is still protective over me. That means, he knows if he hurts me, Lloyd will take over.

"Sorry to crash the party, but this place looks a little dead- (Y/n)?!" Nya is cut off, seeing me behind Morro.

"Get her," Morro says, talking to me. My body moves towards Nya, pulling out a simple sword. As much as I can, I fight against it, but it only slows the movement of my feet.

"(Y/n), you need to snap out of it," Nya tried, swiping her own sword at me. "W....a...t...e...r..."
"Huh," she says, not getting my desperate tries to tell her.

All of a sudden, I am in complete control of my body. "She needed water," I hear Ronan say, holding a Aeroblade.

"Get out of here, (Y/n), the others are at Yang's temple!" I nod and use Airjitzu to get out of the cave, summoning my elemental dragon.

"Ninja go!"

——————————————

"Argh," I shout, pulling on the locked door. "Guys? Are you in there?"

"(Y/n)," I hear the boys shouts. The door flies open and sucks me into the room, toppling into the boys. "You're okay," Cole cheers, hugging me tight.

"What happened?"
"Were you possessed?"
I chuckle at the erratic questions. "I'm okay, Soul Archer got me with his arrows. Ronan saved me, along with Nya."

"Ronan?" Kai questions. "Yeah, he's not so bad," I say, deadpanning. Zane sighs and hands me a rope to tie around my waist.

"What is this for," I ask, securing it around me. "Alright, so no matter what happens, we can't run away."

"This temple is exposing our fears, and having us face them," Kai fills me in, shivering at the memory. "(Y/n), what are you afraid of," Zane asks, his ninja suit, like everyone's, drenched.

"Um, if it shows up, you'll see," I say. I didn't want to tell them, I'm afraid of Lloyd leaving me or hating me.

"We're in this together."
"Ha, Ha! Ain't no thang but Sensei Yang," Jay jokes. I reach around and hit him for the bad joke. "Let's find him and get that Airjitzu."

"Oh, yeah, I totally forgot, I know Airjitzu," I admit. "What?!"
"Yeah, when Soul Archer took control of me, he taught me it."

The all 'hmph' and start walking. I slightly chuckle at their jealousy. "Wait, Zane, what are you afraid of?"
"It's Morro!"
"Yeah, were all afraid of him, but what actually are you afraid of," Jay asks, bobbing his head left to right.
"No! Look!"

We look behind us and see Morro. "We can't fight him! We don't all had Airjitzu. We stand no chance!"
I put myself first, knowing I'm a weakness to Morro. "Wait, if we're all afraid of him, then this must be the next test," Kai says, confusing me.

"What do you mean test?"
"How are we supposed to save Lloyd, if we don't have the courage to face him," Kai says, completely ignoring me.

"Let's get him!" We all try to step together, but end up losing Morro. "There he is," Kai shouts, pointing to Morro.

"Let's step together. One, two, three," Cole say, repeating it over and over again. I chuckle, finding it kinda cute.

I bump into Cole when he abruptly stops. "He went into the attic."
"Uh, attics? Definitely one of the tops things I'm afraid of," Jay admits.

I unite myself from the rope. "I'll go up, I'm Morro's only weakness." The boys hesitantly let me go.

As I walk around the attic, Morro just stands in the corner. "What is he doing," Kai ask from the lower floor. "He's just standing there," I call back.

I go to tap his shoulder, but he disappears into a bright light. I jump back and yelp. The ghost of Sensei Yang stands before me.

"As iron sharpens iron, Sensei sharpens student. You have passed the tests." I step forward. "Does that mean you'll teach them Airjitzu," I ask, referring to the boys. He holds up the scroll.

"Only those who see things through will reap the benefit of the reward."
I take the scroll from his hand, my other being see through.

"Guys, why is my arm see through," I hear Jay warily ask from below.
"Get out before the clock's last chime, if you can."

My eyes widen, and I throw myself down the attic stars, shoving the boys. "We need to get out! Move!"
Zane keeps me going as he shoves me out the door. I hear Cole shout. "The scroll!"

"Can you see yourselves," I ask everyone, checking my body too. I hear a round of 'yes's'. "But where's Cole?" I feel a shiver of fear run down my spine.

"Don't worry, I got the scroll," I hear Cole shout. I turn around and gasp. He's been turned into a ghost.
"Why are you all looking at me like that?"

"You didn't make it out on time."
I sob out in utter shock.
Cole slumps to the floor.

"I'm a...ghost?"