Codename: Arcturus

(Pythor and the Nindroids free from the Digital Overlord. Meanwhile, Wu and Garmadon stumble upon Pythor's top-secret scheme, project Arcturus.)

Season Three: Episode Six
Words: 888

"I can't do this alone anymore. As long as I have all this power, they'll never stop coming from me."

I huff as I watch Lloyd give some of his power to the boys. "(Y/n), what about you?"
"I already have my own, thanks." I walk over to Sensei and sigh.

"This is stupid," I exclaim.
"Foolishness. This decision puts everyone in jeopardy." My father throws his hands out in frustration.

"But it was your son's decision to make."
"The young take too many risks. They should listen to their fathers."
"Sensei, these choices they're making at stupid and they aren't thinking!"

"Without risk, they'll never know how far they'll truly go. Have faith, brother, and have faith (Y/n). We will catch Pythor and find Borg. Maybe then you will rest easy."

"As protectors of this land, we don't have the luxury of taking a rest."
My father walks away.

"Sensei, this is ridiculous and stupid!"
He turns to me, holding out his staff, "but what about you? You have powers equal to the ones Lloyd give them."

"I know that," I huff, "but, they're going to be hunted. I am tracked every second of the day. I can take it, but them? I don't think they can. They could be killed!"
"That is the risk they are willing to take."

———————————

"(Y/n), wait, Sensei calling in," I stop as Lloyd skids.
"No sign of nindroids in the Toxic Bogs."
"Lloyd, (y/n), while you're out there, do you have time to search the Glacier Barrens?"

"Hey, I may not be able to move mountains anymore, but I can still cover ground," Lloyd gets a head start.

"This was a bad idea Sensei," I tell him through the camera before flying off.

——————————

"The Overlord is back. He has Kai."
"The Overlord!"

"We know they plan to launch Project Arcturus tonight. But we need to figure out what it is in order to save him."

"Ugh, the answer must be right in front of us," Lloyd lays his head tiredly on my shoulder, his blonde mop of hair dirty.

"They Overlord's dire wish is to become the Golden Master. Maybe that has something to do with it," I say, careful not to disturb Lloyd.

"Good. But what sense does all of this make. What is Project Arcturus?"
"I've run every combination of these clues through my database to see how they're connected but there is no correlation."

We turn to Pixal. "Maybe there's a reason why it's not in your database."
I let Zane and Pixal have a little moment.
"But everything in Ninjago history has been recorded inside me."
"Not everything."

He turns to us. "Do you remember when we followed Garmadon back in time?"
"Heck yeah!"
Lloyd's head pops up to look at me, "uh, we did?"

"You don't remember Lloyd, because when we returned to the present, it had altered by what we had done in the past."

"I remember because I was there." My father speaks. "You used the golden weapons to destroy my mega weapon. But when they collided, they were shot into..."
"Space," Sensei and I complete. Lloyd sits there in utter confusion.

"Since Lloyd gave away his power, the Overlord's going after the only thing that can turn him into the Golden Master: the golden weapons."

"Quick, where do the Serpentine study the starts?"
"The ancient city of Ouroboros."

———————————

"I don't get it, where are they?" Cole asks, jumping out of his vehicle. "He said they would be here."

"Well he was wrong. We should have never listened to him," Jay exclaims, Lloyd helping me down from my vehicle.

The ground starts the rumble, throwing us off balance. "I sense you are mistaken."
The ground opens. "Run!"

As we run I start to slip, the floor getting steeper until I fall through. I wince, landing on top of some walkway. Just as Cole falls I roll out of the way.

Jay lays dazed on the floor. "Arcturus?" I look up and see a giant rocket. "It's Kai! We need to save him!"

As I swing my legs over the railing Zane stops me, grabbing my suit and pulling me back. "No, we need that launch key to stop the launch command."

"Stop them!" Pythor sends his army, only urging us to go faster. The walkway collapses under us.

In the last second I launch Lloyd over so he can stop the rocket from launching. As the Nindroids come closer Kai gets free, throwing a ball of fire at them.

We all use our powers to fight against them. "Guys! I need your help!" I look towards Lloyd, he's being held up by the neck but Pythor.

They throw him off. I run forward catching him on a pillow of smoke. "We need to get out of here!"

"We can't! We need to do everything in our power to make sure they don't reach those weapons." Lloyd opens the spaceship, hopping in.

"Are you nuts?" Cole grabs me. "Ninja don't belong in space!"
"Lloyd, this is beyond reasoning," I plead.

"We have to try." Kai and Zane hop in with him. "You said nothing was ever going to separate us again."

"Lloyd..."
"Are you with me or not?"