Snakebit

(Lloyd unlocks a second tribe, the Fangpyres, to help him regain control. The ninjas take action when the Fangpyres attack Jays family's village.)

Season One: Episode Three
Words: 1.9k

I wake up to the sound of Sensei banging a gong to wake us up. I pull my sheet over my head trying to block out the sound but to no avail, it doesn't work.

"Evil doesn't sleep, and neither should you. In order to reach your full potential, we must greet each day as an opportunity."

"You call that sleep, my bed has more lumps than the mattress," Cole groans. "We were up so late talking about how cool it is to have a new headquarters I guess we lost track of time."

I fall as the wall I lean on caves in, "What is our lesson today Sensei," Zane asks as he tries to do a move but falls through the floor.

"I think today's lesson will be chores," Sensei says, "chores," we all yell.

"Ninja fight, Sensei they do not clean."
"In order to respect ourselves, we must respect our new home and where we are from, "Sensei says, "and this place is a long way from becoming ninja headquarters."

"Alright let's get this places cleaned up."

—————————————

I grabbed a wet towel and placed it on the floor, stepping on it. "Ninja go," I yelled spinning around using the towel to clean the floor. As I stopped I saw Cole walking back from putting the garbage out, "wow good job," he says, "thanks."

As I head back down stairs to fix the walls the lights in the room come on making me smile. Once I finished fixing the wall I went back up to help the boys pull the sails. We finished everything pretty quickly so we went back to playing games.

———————————

"What took you so long," Kai said sarcastically as Sensei entered the room, "wow! This place looks amazing."

"You guys did all this," Nya asks, "Ninja don't just fight Nya. We clean," Cole says.
"Oh. You have exceeded my expectations, but can you keep it up," Sensei asks.

Nya and I hear a horn honk so we look out the window and see a car driving towards us, "looks like we're about to have some visitors," Nya says, "and loud ones at that," I add quietly.

"Oh it's my parent, if they start tapping please don't encourage them. They don't know when to quit. If you start talking then they'll start, and suddenly half the days I'd gone and," Jay starts rambling but gets cut off by Kai, "okay we get it. The cherry doesn't fall far from the blossom."

They all walk out of the room to go say hi but I stay in not wanting to talk to new people. "You okay," Cole asks seeing me not move.

"Yeah I'm fine I just need to do something," I mumble.
"Yeah I don't believe you," Cole gives me a look but leaves the room nonetheless.

I take a deep breath and stand up hearing the soft beeping noise from the bridge.

I walk inside and see on the map a red dots signaling a distress signal. As I look closer I see that it's not from the Hypnobrai. I click a few keys on the keyboard and zoom in seeing Fangpyres. "What are they doing," I whisper to myself.
"Lloyd must have released them," I groan, "little bro why do you have to be on dads side."