Peak-a-Boo

(Using their new Airjitzu powers, the ninjas race to climb a perilous mountain to find the Sword of Sanctuary before Morro can claim it.)

Season Five: Episode Five
Words: 1.5k

I expertly touch the flag using Airjitzu. The boys gape at it. "Argh, it's not fair," Kai whines. The new suits were heavy, but they helped against ghosts.

"(Y/n), please go talk to him," Nya pleads to me, referring to Cole. "I tried, he doesn't want to see me," I sigh, but nonetheless, go to Cole's room.

He slouched on the end of his bed. I sigh, seeing straight through his green-hued figure. "Cole, come train."

"In case you haven't heard, I'm a ghost," he yells. "And don't tell me we can't fix this, cause we can't. This is just...who I am now." His hand goes through the tea cup he tried to pick up. My heart shatters at his sad aura.

"Sensei told us, our paths in life are never a straight line," I murmur, going to his side. "Hey, take me for instance, I'm the daughter of Lord Garmadon, he used to be evil. I always thought I would follow in his footsteps, but look, I'm in a team with the best of ninjas, including you."

"But I'm not a ninja anymore," he gasps. "I'm a ghost." My happy mood worsens. He really has no hope. "Then what do you do? You need to answer that for yourself."

"I-I- thank you," Cole jumps up, doing his best to hug me. I smile, doing my best to hug back.

—————————————

"Now that both Morro and you have Airjitzu, it's time to turn our attention to the next clue, the sword in the cloud," Misako says. Zane goes on to list multiple swords...in a pirate accent?

"I thought you fixed his voice?" Kai asks, leaning over. I listen to their conversation, nodding along. "Yeah?"
"I did, then i made it better," Jay beams.

Zane continues to list the many swords he knows. I sigh, chuckling as Cole face palms. "Hey, gotta love them," I mutter, making Cole laugh.

"You're right, he is better," Kai cheers, getting hit my Nya.
"It's the sword of sanctuary," my mother confirms. "It's protected in the Cloud Kingdom."

"The who-what? I've seen every inch of ninjago, but I've never heard of the Cloud Kingdom," Ronan cuts in.

"You're right, it isn't in ninjago. It's a parallel realm that can be only reached through the Blind Man's eye," Sensei informs. I raise an eyebrows, Jay also questioning.

"You mean the powerful storm cyclone above the clouds? But it's far too high in altitude for the Bounty to reach," Nya explains. Kai looks at me, looking lost. I shrug my shoulder, not really understanding myself.

"Unless we ascend the tallest mountain in ninjago," my mother says. I jump up, knowing what it is. "The Wailing Alps!"

"Yes, when the Blind's Man Eye passes its peak, you Five ninja will jump into the eye of the storm using Airjitzu to cross over into the Cloud Kingdom, to take possession of the Sword of Santuary."

"Woah," Jay cuts in, "You're throwing some pretty big words around. You've got one wrong. It's cyclonedo not Airjitzu." I laugh as Zane and Kai both hit Jay.

"What does it do," Cole asks. "The blade shows their enemies next move, giving them a great advantage," Sensei fills us in.