The Crooked Path

(As the ninjas close in on their final clue to the location of the First Spinjitzu Master's tomb, Ronan steals the Sword of Sanctuary to give to Morro.)

Season Five: Episode Seven
Words: 1.2k

I watch, helping along to ghost-proof the shop.

Kai places a bucket of water over the doors.
Zane places a sign that says 'keep out'.
Jay places bamboo sticks over our moat.
I help Nya fill water balloons.

"If Morro And his ghouls show up here looking to steal the Sword of Sanctuary, they won't know what hit them," Kai says.

The door to the shop opens, the water bucket falling. My heart jumps as Cole flips away, the water missing him.

I rush over to Cole, making sure he's okay. "Watch it! You know, not all of us are immune to water," he yells out, quite shaken.

Kai sends an apologetic look Cole's way, the alarm ringing. "Intruder! Pull!"

I wince, watching water balloons strike the mailman, dousing him in water. "It's not Morro, it's the mailman," I whine, wiping the splashed water off my face.

"No wonder you're going out of business," he shouts, shoving a paper into my hands. I hand it to Kai, who opens it. "He's right, it says they're going to shut us down unless we make business."

"Well, we can't tell Ronin or he won't stick around."

————————————

My mother has brought us all into the shop to talk. "Have you found out where the tomb is," I ask, leaning onto one leg.

"Not yet, but we think we know how to locate it," she explains, Sensei walking into the shop. Zane holds up his falcon. It projects the third symbol: a skull.

"To bring you up to date, the skull refers to the tomb's entrance."
"It is also my father resting place. It is protected by three deadly tests designed to keep anyone unworthy away."

"Yeah, but where is it," Cole cuts in. I tune out the conversation and walk around the shop. Ronin sneakily walks out, seemingly searching for something.

"Where are you going," I ask, my guard raising. He freezes, turning to me in a slow fashion. "I, Uh, I'm going to check up on Nya, she finally reversed the flow," he explains. I hesitantly nod my head, realizing I've missed the entire talk.

"He's getting away with the sword!" I hear all of a sudden. I jump back and run outside, tackling Ronin off his feet.

The boys follow, but drop over the alarm system and continuously get hit by water balloons, besides Cole. I use a nearby bamboo stick to try and get there sword from Ronin, but he has the advantage.

He uses the sword to see my moves before they happen, and push me away and into the moat. Kai helps me out, Cole keeping a distance from the soaked boys.

"Argh, I don't think this was the best idea," I groan, wringing out my hair. Zane, Jay, and Cole run into the shop, helping my mother and Wu.

"Look," Kai shouts, pointing to Ronin flying away on his vehicle. We both use Airjitzu to try and reach him, but to no avail, we fall back down.

"He's getting away, to the Bounty!"
Sensei pushes the boys, stopping them. He then does moves and summons his elemental dragon. The boys keep running, Wu allowing my mother to get onto his dragon. I summon my own and follow them.