Tick Tock

(When the five ninjas follow the mysterious falcon into the woods, they stumble upon a hidden workshop where Zane learns the secret about his past.)

Season One: Episode Seven
Words: 1.5k

"Jeez," I say watching the clock pass ten minutes. Zane comes swimming up, "I broke the record?"

"You destroyed it," Kai says showing him the clock. "Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking," Jay asks, "we've been training for so long, I don't think we can get any better. Just think about all we've accomplished," Jay says as Cole and I flip around each other.

——————————

I stood in a bright room with Sensei. My wrist guards were on and my mind was focused. I breath in and let smoke travel among my arms, and around the room.

It starts to get thicker as I focus and lift my arms. The room turn dark as I tighten my fists. I open my eyes feeling my powers excel.

"Nice," Sensei says, "you've almost got it."

——————————

"The question is, have we reached our full potential?"
We all walk to where Sensei is, the boys bragging about how many pushups they do. I freeze as the boys keep talking interrupting Sensei.

I bow along with the boys as they stop, "our apologies, we've interrupted you."
"I'm sorry I've been so distant lately. My mind has been elsewhere since Lloyd has gone missing."
I pat Sensei on the shoulder knowing how he feels, "what can I help you with," he asks.
"Sensei," Cole starts, "What if we've done enough training? What if we've reached our full potential? What is we're ready?"

"You might have reached peak physical condition, but you've yet to reach your inner potential. In each and everyone of us, there are obstacles that hold us back. Only when you conquer that fear will your heart be free. Only then will you reach your true potential. Only then will you have a fighting chance to stop the Serpentine from releasing the Great Devourer."

"There's more to the Great Devourer than you've lead on, isn't there Sensei?"
"Yes, there's a story I've never told you."
We all crowd around listening to Sensei.

——————————

"So the Great Devourer turned your brother into the dark lord," Kai asks as Sensei finishes the story.
"You five have finished your training. You must now focus on stopping Pythor from collecting the four Fangblades. But never lose focus on the obstacles that lie within each of your hearts that holds you back from true greatness. Unlock your full potential," he says putting the katana back into its case.
"How are we supposed to do that?"

"It is up to each of you to discover," he walks away from us, "now I must go on a personal journey of my own."
"Where are you going," Jay asks.
"To a place you cannot follow, I am going to find someone who can be of aid to helping Lloyd. The Serpentine have united and grown stronger and we need all the help we can get."

—————————

We all say goodbye to him at the edge of the ship, "Sensei please don't get my dad," I pull him close and whisper he looks to me and walks away making me slump.

——————————

"This is silly," Zane says looking at the missing Fangblade poster Nya is putting up, "Do you have any better idea," Cole asks.
"Wait, maybe Sensei is gonna go get the Samurai for help," Jay says making me freeze.