Chapter 1

It was the beginning of the summer and Nessy was in the comic book store with her brothers. She was reading one of the several comics that was in the store while just sitting on the counter. It was a pretty boring night, the shop was almost empty, there was only like two customers so it was okay for her not to do anything in particular.

The night started to get less boring  when Sam and Michael suddenly walked in.

" hey guys! " Nessy spoke before jumping off the counter and running to hug them, they hugged back and laughed as she did so.

Nessy has always been an happy person.

"hey Ness" the two replied as they each gave her an hug.

"Excuse me..." Edgar begin to speak as he walked closer and interrupted their group hug

"get off of my sister" he then spoke as he brought his arms up and pushed them away from each other,  which in result separated the three .

Sam and Micheal rolled their eyes at Edgar's actions.

"Hi Edgar" Sam spoke , Edgar only nodded his head in answer.

"Anyway... huum Ness I was wondering if you want to go walk around the boardwalk with me? I don't want to stay in here"Michael asked as he turned to smile at Nessy.

He knew that she was also bored from the lack of things to do, so inviting her was a really good idea.

"Yeah sure!" she smiled before turning to her brothers

"can I go, please?" She asked with puppy eyes. She knew this trick was working every times with them.

"Okay fine, but be back before eleven or else you're grounded, got it?" She nodded rapidly before hugging him.

" yeah I got it! thank you!" Nessy didn't gave them any chances of answering as she took Michael's hand in hers and guided him out of  the shop happily.

The duo just walked around for a while, they went to get some food before they went to do a couple of rides. They laughed a lot while doing so.

Those two were always having fun together, whatever they were doing, they always found a way to make it fun.

The two finally ended up to a concert where a shirtless guy was singing and playing saxophone.  They danced together with the other teens that were there and just had fun together until Michael stopped dancing suddenly.

"Hey Nessy can we leave? it's getting a little boring here" Micheal asked her best friend out of nowhere, without even looking at her. Nessy frowned but nodded anyway.

"Okay" there was confusion in her tone but she still agreed before Micheal and her begin to walk away from the concert.

The two walked for a couple of minutes in silence before Micheal suddenly stopped walking .Nessy frowned and turned her head to look at him.

"Hummm Mickey, why did you stop..." she stopped herself when she saw what he was actually looking at, it was a hippy looking girl with a little boy

"oh" was all she said before looking down at her feet

Michael took Nessy's hand in his and begin to walk again, he was following the girl and that was clear

"great" she whispered to herself. She thought  she was going to spend some time with Michael but no, he was following a girl while dragging her with him.

At the same time she understood, he had every rights to do what he was doing, she just thought it was sad that he was found this while being with her.