Chapter 4

The next day, Nessy woke up and went to take a shower. She washed her hair and body before getting out. She dried her hair and got dressed. It was pretty hot outside so she decided to wear a pair of blue ripped shorts with a pink t-shirt tucked in her shorts. She smiled at her reflexion before she went to see her brothers at the comic book store, as usual.

"Morning guys" Nessy smiled as she spoke. The two boys smiled back at her before speaking.

"Morning Nessy" Alain kissed her cheek after his sentence. Making her smile more.

"can you help us in the shop today? there's a lot of things we need to do" Edgar then add, hoping she would say yes. Nessy nodded her head almost immediately

"Of course, what can I do?"

The boys explained to her what she would have to do during the day. She helped them during the whole day. She didn't cared that she was spending her day working because the job she was doing wasn't  boring, it was quite nice and sometimes even amusing. The three were also talking together while working so it was making it less boring.

The sun was beginning to set when Sam entered the store, a red slush in his hand.

"Heyy gu...aww come on, this comic is not at the right place" sam whined as he replaced the comic at it's right place. Edgar and Alain rolled their eyes at him, annoyed yet amused while Nessy giggled at him, every time he was coming in the shop, he was replacing comics that weren't at the right place, just like he had done the first time he came in the shop.

"Sorry Sammy, I placed this one rapidly" Sam turned to smile at her before taking a sip of his slush.

"It's okay I forgive you" he said sarcastically before adding "I should really work in here, I would be the best worker" Nessy rolled her eyes at him with a chuckle in answer.

After about an hours, Nessy was done with her work so she decided to go walk around on the boardwalk.

"Bye Edgar, Bye Alain, love you!" Nessy screamed over her shoulder as she walked out of the store.

"Bye ness, we love you too! And remember, we want you back here by eleven!" Nessy rolled her eyes but nod anyway.

Nessy walked around on the boardwalk with a small smile on her face, she really liked how the boardwalk was looking at night. Nessy was secretly hoping to see the boys, she really loved their presence and she wanted to be with them. Why? she didn't knew.

She walked for about fifteen minutes but didn't saw the boys at all so she sighed sadly and was about to go back to the comic book store when she suddenly felt someone's hand on her shoulder. She quickly turned around and saw her friend, Laura.

"Laura!" Nessy exclaimed while hugging her. Laura hugged back with a smile on her face.

"Oh my god Nessy it's been soo long!" Laura spoke as the two girls pulled away from the hug to look at each other.

Laura knew Nessy since about four years, they had met at school. Laura was tall and had blond hair and blue eyes, she was the popular type of girl that everyone found  beautiful. She was really pretty and skinny and almost all the boys wanted to date her. She was confident and charismatic. Nessy didn't knew why Laura wanted to be friends with her. She wasn't popular or really confident but still, the two were really good friends.

"Did you heard about the bonfire on the beach? we could go! there will be a lot of boys and it could be an opportunity to spend time together!" Laura had a big smile on her face as she spoke. Nessy smiled a little.

"I don't know Lau, I'm not good with people, especially with b..."

"Please ness, please! It will be fun and I'm sure the boys will like you, you look really good in that outfit and...I really missed you " Laura pleaded while looking at Nessy with her best pleading face. Nessy sighed but still gave in.

"Okay, fine but I don't want to stay there for too long, my brothers gave me only a couple of hours." Laura grinned and nod

"YESS!!! All right let's go!" She screamed before taking Nessy's hands in hers so they could walk toward the bonefire.

The two girls talked during the whole walk until they finally arrived. There was boys and a couple of girls dancing, screaming and running around a big fire while music was playing loudly. There was a lot of cans of beers and bottle of alcohol on the sand and in the people's hands. Almost everyone looked drunk or close to it.

"Come on let's go have some fun!" Laura spoke happily before she grabbed Nessy's hand and begin to jog happily toward the group of teens.

After about fifteen minutes at the 'party', Laura was dancing with some of the boys  while Nessy was sitting a little away from the fire, she was not feeling confortable with being in this type of party. Most of the people there were surf nazis and let's just say Nessy didn't liked this type of people very much, she found them mean and disrespectful. They had stole comics from her brother's shop once.

She sighed as she glanced up at her friend who was now laying on top of a boy on the sand ,the two were kissing. Nessy shook her head a little before she laid down on her back to look at the sky. She was admiring the stars and just trying to relax when suddenly, she heard loud growls and screams coming from the others, she sat up quickly and what she saw made her eyes grow wide,

The boys, the girls and Laura were all being attacked by what seemed to be...vampires.

Her brothers were right, these creatures were real.

She let out a scream and the vampires all turned toward her, their eyes were yellow and there was blood all over them. She gasped when she saw their faces.

It was them...