week five

Friday 10:14 PM

Grace sat on her bed going through pictures on her laptop as she edited them as she heard he phone buzz. Grace glanced over at the phone and picked it up as she unlocked her phone seeing a message from Daniel as it appeared Donald on his contact name.

Daniel: Hey, hope you had a good Christmas, heard you didn't like what I got you.

Grace rolled her eyes after reading the message, she continued on her laptop setting her phone next to her as it buzzed again, she groaned as she unlocked it reading the message.

Daniel: A text back would be nice.
Grace: Oh, sorry thought I pressed the send button, I didn't even open it. Don't want anything from you.

Grace typed up the text as she pressed send looking at the screen as he opened it quickly and texted back.

Daniel: Oh, um okay. Anyways that's really not why I texted you.
Grace: ?
Daniel: Are you going to the New Years party were having?
Grace: Oh that's you guys who fucked up and are throwing a party and auctioning hookups for money to pay off stuff.
Grace: But no I'm not going
Daniel: Why not?
Grace: Look, your literally selling your body, for what money? You would be the one to do that.
Daniel: Woah, I maybe read that wrong but you seem a bit jealous.
Grace: Jealous? Of what? There's people right now who need that money more than you.
Daniel: Who actually needs the money?
Grace: There's kid's actually at the borders of Mexico in camps because they don't have money for anything.
Daniel: Okay? How about I make you this deal.
Grace: What is it this time?
Daniel: I will donate 7% of the money to the kids in the camps if you go to the party.
Grace: 15% and we have a deal.
Daniel: Fine, but you better be fucking smiling at the party.

Grace stared at the text and shook her head and whispered to herself. "I need to stop making deals with this kid." Grace said softly moving her phone to the side and looked on her laptop as she continued to go through editing the pictures. "You need to what?" Ben said as Grace looked up. "Ben what are you doing?" Grace said as she looked at the door. "I was just walking by and heard you talking to yourself." Ben said as he went and sat on the bed. "So what deals are you making? And with what kid?" Ben asked as Grace looked at him and sighed and gave in. "I have to go to a party to get money for kids at the border camps." Grace said looking at Ben. "Well that's good glad your doing it for the kids." Ben said with a smile. "But who's the deal with?" Ben added raising his eyebrow. "Your friend Donald." Grace said with a fake smile. "Wow the hot one right? How old is he anyways?" Ben asked as Graced raised her eyebrow. "Uh he's a senior so probably like 18 I don't know." Grace said shrugging her shoulders. "Well if you don't want him, I'll gladly have him." Ben said with a laugh as he got off the bed walking out the door. Grace chuckled. "You can have him." Grace said shouting as Ben shut her door as Grace glanced down at her phone to see a message.

Daniel: Goodnight Beautiful.

Grace shook her head and sighed as she closed her eyes.