Spring (Request)

Lets jump right into it! I recommend reading the latest Sonic IDW Comics before reading this

.

.

.

.

It's been a while.

   Amy thought for a second how lucky she was. Finally, she had time for herself. The sunlight on her skin felt refreshing, the wind was softly brushing her hair and the tweets of the birds made a beautiful melody. How long has it been ever since she felt this alive?
   Sonic and the rookie had finally defeated Infinite and Eggman. However, the world was vastly destroyed and repairments were needed. Sonic left for that same reason, there were still villagers trying to fight Eggman's robot and there was nothing she could do to stop him.

And that was ok.

   Although Sonic leaving her again wasn't her favorite idea, she still had to accept his free spirit. She loved that about him and didn't want to change a thing. However, when everyone thought Sonic had died, something about her awakened. At first, she thought that she would be devastated but that wasn't the case. She was going to make sure to protect the world Sonic died for.

And she was glad she did.

   Looking up to the clear sky, the smell of fresh grass and the beautiful landscape, everything was worth it. At the moment she didn't care what was happening outside the world. Only her and the nature surrounding her, trying to take in as much as she could thinking that after this, she may not have another opportunity. And then...

BUMP

"What the-"

   Amy looked up again, trying to see who did she bumped to this time. Her eyes tried to adjust but the light was too bright to recognized the figure in front of her.

"Surprising to see you around here, pink one," Shadow said as he offered Amy a hand.

"Shadow?" Amy took his hand still wondering why was Shadow off all hedgehogs doing here.

"Affirmative," Shadow said as he helped Amy up, he noticed how softly she tried to clean her dress from the dust of the road. Shadow was aware that Amy was trying to look at the back side of her dress to make sure it was clean. He had to admit that she looked cute, kinda like a puppy trying to bite its own tail.  Amy stopped for a moment and realized she was making herself look stupid in front of Shadow, and right now it wasn't the moment to be doing so.

"Anyways, why are you here? Last time I saw you, you disappeared with Rouge a few days ago after Sonic left the Resistance HQ ... Where is she actually?" Amy said trying to change the topic and fast.

"Yes, we ran into Sonic in a nearby village, we talked for a bit after that. Sonic told us how he met with Knuckles and Rouge decided to go after him." Shadow gave Amy a small explanation. He didn't want to say that he actually got into a fight with Sonic on whether Eggman was lying about losing his memories or not. Knowing her, Amy would probably be mad at him for even trying to punch her 'blue boyfriend'.