I am but a shadow and you are light pt.2

Shadow was still feeling bad as he hasn't seen Amy in days. However, every three weeks Sonic would make him write her letters.

He wanted to go and apologize to Amy but his work has kept him all day at G.U.N. Sonic would be with him, once in a while, he would even go to their meetings which was surprising to Shadow. Sonic wasn't one to stay too long in one place.

"Further research has indicated that the subject known as Infinite has been confirmed alive after a recorded video of him was sent to us by one of our spies," G.U.N.'s commander said.

Agents in the room had suddenly changed their expressions.

"Do we know where he is right now?" Sonic asked as he put his legs on top of the large table.

"Yes." The commander said as he stood up from his seat.

"Where is he?" Shadow asked softly but firm at the same time.

"He is..." The commander took off his glasses and suddenly one of his right eyes turned yellow, "Right here"

As he finished saying that, he released a blast of energy which caused the whole room to explode.

Some of the buildings' remainings landed on Shadow, hurting him badly. Sonic had landed on some of the crumbles of cement, wood, and dust. The rest of G.U.N.'s agents were knocked out or way to injured to move.

The G.U.N HQ building was still standing miraculously.

Shadow felt the heavy remains been taken off his body but he soon realized it was Infinite doing him the favor.

"Who is weak now?!"

Shadow had to admit that he was surprised. Infinite's new ability to shapeshift was impressive. 

Shadow felt his body self healing quick, he was getting his energy back but needed to buy more time.

"Between you and I...It's not me." Shadow said with a cocky smile on his face.

"Well, let's try and see what you say it's true."

Infinite didn't want to lose any more time and began to quickly beat up Shadow. Giving no time for his body to heal.

Shadow received a direct hit to the face.

.

.

.

"Come on Shadow! The only way we are going to get out of here is if we work together!", Amy said as she walked behind the black hedgehog. They had been fighting since they got lost in the forest. The forest was a strange one, Shadow couldn't use his Chaos Control and his rocket shoes weren't working either. Amy couldn't even pull out her hammer.

"I told you to not come with me," Shadow said as he walked angrily. "I told everyone I didn't need a teammate, I work better alone."

"I didn't want you to be alone, what if well...something like this happened?"

Shadow turned around and looked at Amy.  "I don't need you!"

She had to admit, that even when Shadow was angry, he was still a very attractive hedgehog, he had a perfect complexion but his red eyes, which she didn't mind.

But even with his attractive self, she wasn't going to let him get away with screaming at her.

"Fine! I don't need you either!", Amy said as she turned around and began to walk the opposite way from Shadow.