Her

AU: Everyone thought that Amy and Shadow had met each other for the first time on the A.R.K along side Sonic and the others. To their own surprise, that wasn't the first time they had met... they actually met more than 50 years ago in the A.R.K.

He looked at her, wondering how was he able to feel so comfortable around her. He watched her from afar, smiling as she made coffee for her clients.  He sat down and enjoyed the sound of the rain crashing against the concrete.

It has been a while.

Although Shadow had no memory of his past, a girl named Maria always crossed his mind.
.
50 years ago, on the A.R.K, a small Shadow ran through the corridors of the space ship as a tiny Maria followed him.

"I'll catch you Shadow!" Maria told him as she got close to him. She noticed that he stopped mid-track, his eyes looking at someone else from a distance.

Maria smiled teasing Shadow, "Stop being so shy, go talk to her!" Maria encouraged him.

" I can't", Shadow said in a whisper, trying to talk as low as possible so she wouldn't notice him looking at her.

"If you don't do it, I'll do it for you!" Maria then pushed Shadow out of the corner he was watching her.

On that instant, Maria screamed on top of her lungs, "HEY! HE LIKES YOU!"
.
"Shadow?"

Shadow's thought was interrupted as he saw Amy in front of him.

"I didn't expect to see you here at my cafe," Amy said. "I hope you enjoy it."

Shadow took a second to respond to her. "It is quite good."

Amy hesitated to ask but did it anyway. "Is it ok if I seat with you?"

Shadow was taken back by her request but nodded in approval. It was strange for her as well. She didn't know much about Shadow, nor cared about his past. However, she found herself enjoying his company.

"I know its a bit strange but for some strange reason, I've always enjoyed your company," Amy said as she watched the rainfall. "It may be because we both don't remember our past...I find it a bit comforting knowing that there's someone like me."

"You...don't know about your past either?" Shadow was baffled. Actually, now that he thinks about it, he didn't know much about Amy. He never took the time to talk to her, although the pink one always intrigued him.

"I don't... I just remember waking up in a forest...I was lost but to my luck, Sonic found me a day later." Amy said as she took a sip of her coffee. "He cared for me and I followed him everywhere...and after that everything is history."

"You never looked for answers?"

"My past doesn't define me and besides, why look for the past when I have the future right in front of me?" Amy looked around at her cafe, proud of her progress.

Shadow was taken back and a few seconds passed in complete silence and Amy decided to speak a bit more. "So why are you here Shadow? I don't really see you."

"To be honest, I don't even know myself... I just felt like...I needed  to see you today."
.
"Shadow, you need to tell her now! She's leaving to earth in an hour and you may not see her in a long time!"

Maria took off her oxygen mask, and even though she was weak from all treatments she was going through, she still encourages Shadow to go to her.

"No, it's alright, she really wanted to see you and she told me before that she won't forgive me if I left your side."  Shadow held Maria's hand, Shadow knew perfectly well that Maria was in a delicate state. Any moment, Maria's health could deteriorate and they were so afraid that just from one moment to the other they could find her lifeless.