I am but a shadow, and you are light (END)

It was already two years since the war ended.

The loss was too much and everyone was trying their hardest to move on, some of them did, some of them didn't. 

But Amy was surely moving on.

Everyone was worried about her although she was way better than before. She would eat now and go out a bit more.

Shadow would always visit her and make sure that she was eating properly. She was working again at her cafe, for a couple of hours but something was better than nothing at all.

Maybe it was around time... to fully move on.

And she was aware of what she needed to do.

"Thank you for letting me do this Tails," Amy said as she entered his house.

"Don't even mention it. This is a big step you are taking." Tails said as they both walked together through the corridors.

"Even now, I still don't know if I would be able to handle it."

"I'll be outside if you need anything."

Amy smiled as they had reached their destination.

Sonic's room.

It wasn't his permanent room since he was always on the go but it was his stationary room where we would spend the days when he was nearby or just wanted to visit Tails.

Amy entered the room as Tails closed the door behind her.

Her heart began to pounder, beat faster, her hands began to sweat. She immediately looked for comfort in the bed, she played on the bed and immediately as she took deep breaths. The breathing soon became less constant as she felt throat go dry, her face became a deep frown and silent cry let out her mouth. Tears kept it coming, as her cries became louder, she put a hand on her mouth to contain herself.

The room was messy but in an orderly manner. Some water bottles, socks around the place and one lamp to illuminate the path. Amy looked to her right where she found a red book on a small desk, next to Sonic's bed.  

She immediately grabbed it and opened it up where the bookmark was left of. A small paper drop out of the books and Amy immediately grabbed it. She straightens up and sat down on the edge of the bed as she opened up the letter and began to read, with its bad handwriting.

.

Dear Amy,

Would you believe me if I said that it took me months to write this? I don't even know how  I finished this. Probably because Shadow helped me along the way. Well, not along the way more like ALL THE WAY.  I am really trying, all right? To be that smart hedgehog you deserve. I have to admit, that I am jealous of Shadow. If he really wanted, he could take you all to himself. I am happy that he actually likes Rouge because if he was into you, I would have no chance. I am very lucky he is my friend. I hope you never read this. I hope you never find out how much of a loser I am.

Would you love me if you found out the truth?

Would you still love me for who I am?

Probably not.

And honestly, that would be fine. If you were in love with Shadow, I would be happy for you.

Because I even know that you deserve someone like Shadow.

And Shadow deserves someone as amazing as you.

You two could really be an amazing couple and I would be there to support it, fully.