Sanctuary

There was something about her that intrigued him

There was something about her that intrigued him. It was her small acts, her personality and that strange side of her that he couldn't quite decipher.

They didn't talk, he doesn't remember the last time they shared words. It was probably six months when everyone believed that Sonic was dead.

.

"I'll start my mission now."

Shadow had gotten his mission report and as soon he finished it reading, he was ready to leave the Resistance.

"Shadow, wait-"

Shadow felt something soft get a hold of his hand. He would have pushed her away immediately but the look in her face made him doubt. His attention went to their hands and back again to Amy.

"Please ... be careful," Amy said in such a pleading manner that it made Shadow remember about a certain blond girl. "Come back to me ... ok?"

They were in silence for a few seconds in which they only looked at each other's eyes. Emeralds were lost in rubies and vice versa.

Shadow moved his hand away in an abrupt manner and turned his body to walk away.

He reached the door to exit the room but he stopped himself. He didn't look at her, but he said something to her loud and clear.

"I will come back," Shadow said. " ... I promise."

.

He kept coming back to her. In different ways, on different days, in different presence.

After the war with Eggman was done, he passed by the Resistance once in a while just to make sure Amy was fine. Of course, he made sure she didn't know he was there. He didn't know why, but Shadow just didn't want Amy to know he was there.

Shadow could recall different situations where Amy needed help and he gave it to her.

She couldn't find a file? Shadow will stay up the whole night to find it and placed it in front of her room.

She felt sad because there weren't flowers around? He planted a small garden a few meters away from the Resistance.

Was she angry at Sonic for leaving without giving her a previous notice? Shadow would find him and start a fight with him only so he could hit him for Amy.

Even with all of that, that didn't feel enough.

He didn't know what it was.

But he was completely invested in her.

"Shadow!"

"Walk away, Shadow"

"Shadow!"