Unexpectedly Good

It was one of the few times Silver got to visit Amy's cafe

It was one of the few times Silver got to visit Amy's cafe. He had been out of town for a couple of weeks and as his pink friend suggested, they were going to meet today.

Momo cafe had a calming atmosphere. A soft green decorated the walls as flowers and plats were placed next to the crystal clear window. The tables and chairs were made out of wood, which was accentuated perfectly the cozy atmosphere of the place. Fairy lights hang from the ceiling and Silver wonder that it must be a beautiful thing to witness at night.

It was late afternoon and the and sun was starting to set, as he entered the cafe he noticed Amy over the cash register and immediately waved side as they noticed each other's presence.

"Well, you are early I am about to close," Amy said as she watched Silver jump over the counter, joining her side.

"Of course, I won't miss tonight-" Something caught the white hedgehog's attention. As he looked over the cafe, he noticed that on a faraway table a black hedgehog quietly looked over them.

He perfectly knew who this hedgehog was and although he didn't want to interrupt his calm moment, Silver was just too excited to see him.

"Hey, Shadow!" Silver screamed across the cafe and Amy was glad that there were only a few costumers left at the cafe. "Come over with us!"

Shadow pretended not to hear him as he hides his face with his hand and Silver was still clueless as ever. "Hey, Shadow!!!"

"Silver, you are embarrassing him." Amy faced her white friend and with the softest look she could give him, she placed a hand on his shoulder. "Shadow is my top client, he comes here at the same time every day and orders a black cup of coffee... Don't scare him away."

Silver gave the pink one an intrigued look. A part of him didn't believe her. The white hedgehog placed his back on the counter's edge. No longer facing the cafe but the kitchen of it. "What are you talking about? Shadow hates coffee."

"What? No, he doesn't!" Amy said as she took off her pink apron and placed it on top of the counter. "If he didn't, he wouldn't come here."

"He can't even stand the smell! I remember the other day he-"

"Hello,"

The pink and white hedgehog froze as they heard a deep voice behind him. They slowly turned around and they noticed the black hedgehog had placed a white cup on the counter, signifying that he had finished the coffee.

"Hey, Shadow," Amy said as she waved at him, a bit embarrassed at the possibility that Shadow might have heard their previous conversation. "Did you enjoy the peach coffee?"

"Indeed,"

The white hedgehog was intrigued by the black one. Shadow always had that firm stance, as if he was ready to attack at any time. However, today he looked very ... soft. He looked a bit timid even.