Secrets

Short synopsis: Shadow and Amy used to secretly date ... and then they broke up. (Very short draft, a lot of mistakes but I hope you enjoy tho lol)

1k ShadAmy

.

It was a peaceful night at the Restoration Headquarters. After a long meeting with the agents about the upcoming missions, it was well expected that the Captain would be tired. The pink heroine and hammer user could not get a wink of sleep even if she wanted to. Walking through the halls of the Restoration building, Amy rubbed her right eye as she let out a small yawn. She wanted to distract her mind from how creepy the halls looked at the moment. The pink hedgehog loved this place, however. From the oxidated door noobs to the almost rotten wooden tables. Nonetheless, it could be a bit freaky from time to time whenever the lights would flicker.

Just what in the world did Shadow the Hedgehog wanted at the moment? What was so important that he needed to see her during the middle of the night ... on the forest nonetheless?

The rosette hedgehog felt a breeze of cold air run through her as she walked outside the building. She took bigger steps as she wishes that their talk would end soon. A part of her was telling her this must be something important because Shadow wasn't one to just call her in the middle of the night. As she ventured herself into the woods, it took the pink one a few minutes to finally find the hedgehog she was looking for. And this time it wasn't Sonic the Hedgehog.

But his rival.

"Took you long enough."

"Sorry, I am not used to getting calls in the middle of the night."

Amy kept her distance as far as she could. Shadow was resting his back on the truck of a tree, his vermillion eyes shone brightly and his face shows that of anger. If it was anyone else, they would be intimidated by the black hedgehog. However, Amy already had her fair share of experience with him.

"Just get to the point ... What do you want?" Amy asked, trying to pretend that his presence didn't matter.

"You and Sonic seemed pretty close on today's meeting."

Here we go again.

"Really? you call me here just to tell me that?" Amy's voice raised to show her annoyance. "Shadow, we broke up a month ago. If Sonic and I are close, that shouldn't matter to you."

"And that's exactly why we broke up," The black hedgehog moved away from the tree trunk he was resting and walked closer to his ex-girlfriend. "It was always you and Sonic, wasn't it?"

"No, we broke up because of your stupid jealousy and because you never wanted to openly admit you were dating me!"

Amy had promised herself to never cry again for the stupid black hedgehog in front of her. However, whenever he pretended to care for her, it still hurts her. His vermillion eyes showed that a certain pain in his eyes, something that Amy hated.

How can she ever stop loving him when he still showed that he cared?

"I was protecting you, I didn't want any of my enemies to go target you." Shadow's angry face was gone and now his face showed nothing bur remorse. He wanted to hold her, to embrace her but now she was so far away from. It felt almost wrong to have such thoughts. "And as to my jealousy ... Can you blame me? Amy, I am not a hero. I am not nice nor delicate. I have no charisma. I am rude and stubborn ... How could I ever compare to your first love?"

"I was jealous too! You would go with Rouge to missions that lasted weeks! She is so beautiful and smart! Hell, I even understand why you cheated on me with her."

Amy let out the words come out of her mouth without thinking. Yes, Amy had broken up with Shadow because of insecurities. Nonetheless, there was another reason why. That was because of there strong rumors in the Resistance about Shadow and Rouge dating. The pink one never told him that of course. Of course, it would be stupid of her to break up because of rumor but add that to Shadow's jealousy and the fact that he didn't want to make their relationship public and well ... It was just a breaking point.

"I never cheated on you, what are you talking about?"

Shadow was concerned now, how he wished he could touch her again. His body was literally begging him to but his mind resisted knowing that he had no right to that now. He just wanted Amy to know that he still cared for her ... deeply.

"Nothing, sorry I-"

"Wait ... You broke up with me because you thought I cheated on you with Rouge?"

Yes, it was one of the reasons. But like hell was Amy ever going to tell Shadow that. She had to admit that they both had their insecurities but unlike her, Shadow did act on his feelings.

"No, Shadow I already told you why ... Anyways, it's late and this conversation is getting old-"

The pink hedgehog wanted to go back to the Resistance and forget that tonight ever happened. There were revived feelings that she didn't want to have anymore and this little talk session with Shadow wasn't helping to get rid of them at all.

"You still haven't answered my question," Shadow said.

"You didn't ask anything."

"Are you and Sonic-"

"No!" Amy's patience ran short. She just hated it when Shadow acted like this. They weren't dating anymore, they were nothing. And still, he found a way to get into her life. "And like I said ... Even if Sonic and I had a thing going on, that's not of your interest anymore."

There was a silence between them, one that Amy didn't dare to break. Although she hated awkward silences, the pink hedgehog looked away waiting for Shadow to say something to get out of this uncomfortable situation.

" ... I still care about you, Amy ... more than you can ever imagine."

The rosette hedgehog was now looking directly at the black hedgehog's vermillion eyes. Once again, that pain, the remorse ... There was a feeling she couldn't quite describe ... wait no, she knew what it was.

He was still heartbroken ... just like she was.

How dare he?

"You know what Shadow? There was another reason why I broke up with you," Amy turned around, this time giving her back to the black hedgehog she still loved so much. "I loved you so much ... and you only cared ..."

Shadow only stood there as he watched her walked away. He had done a lot of mistakes with her but his biggest one must be that he never told her how he truly feels for her. That three words sentence never came out of his mouth. Amy always said that it didn't matter, that his actions spoke louder than words. However, his actions would come short as well. She would never know how much he suffered, nor how much he was still suffering since the day Amy broke up with him.

The only thing Shadow could do was to lock his secrets away and watch the love of his life slip right through his fingers.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A/N: I wrote this months ago but never finished it. I had the idea of a story where Shadow and Amy dated secretly but due to circumstance, they broke up. The story would follow their growth as they recognize each other's mistakes and try to amend it. As well as that we would explore their past relationship. We would see their cute moments as a couple and their sad moments too. A lot of drama and angst. Because it will take a long time before I actually work on this, I decided to post the draft here in case you all want to read it. 

I really wanted to write it but then my other story 'The fanctioner' took over me lol. Maybe after I finish writing that, I will write this. Idk you all let me know lol.

Thank you for reading!