Red and White, may be Blue

A/N: I recommend reading "Unexpected Mistletoe" and "New Beginning" first, since this is the third part of this mini- holidays- series of mine. 

.

.

.

         Amy had finally taken up the courage to do it today. It was a special one, after all, it was the day of friendship and love. It seemed that today everyone had their special someone to out with. Hedgehog Village wasn't the exception, even little kids seemed to have their own sweethearts. Heck, even the smallest of species had someone. Except of course, for the most wanted bachelor in the village, Sonic The Hedgehog.

Today that was about to change, however. Amy had a plan to confess her love. She has also noticed that after the events of the New Year Party, Sonic had been incredibly close to her. They had always been, but now it was a different kind of close. It was the small details, like him putting his arm around her shoulders. Or wanting to touch her hand every opportunity that he could get.

Everything was ready to go. The party, the gifts and the outfit, everything was going according to plan. Amy needed one last thing, however, she walked around the kitchen to look pick up an orange to eat it on the go. Eating them was kinda bittersweet, to tell the truth. She didn't eat them before Sonic gave her on New Year. Well, it wasn't an Orange, it was actually a mandarin. However, mandarins are extremely rare to find on the island. To get them, you would have to travel across the globe and look for them somewhere. Therefore in hedgehog village, oranges were the closest thing to mandarins. The 'Bitter' part of 'Bittersweet' was that it reminded her of the events of New Year...the last day she saw Shadow the Hedgehog. Maybe it was normal for him to disappear once in a while. What hurt her was that he didn't say a word. Maybe it was her fault that she got her hopes up. Shadow was different towards her, or at least that was what she noticed. Or what she WANTED to notice. Now thinking about it, it was kinda stupid of her to think that anything could happen between her and Shadow.

Amy got out of her house and closed the door behind her. She decided to take a long walk along the beach before getting into the village. The soft sound of the waves crashing the sand made her relax and she loved it. Now even more since Sonic and her had connected because of it.

.

.

.

"So, have you seen her?", Shadow absolutely didn't want to be there at the moment but it was necessary.

"Yes, I have! But I won't tell you!

"Alright then, I'll take my leave", Shadow walked away in the middle of the forest. He really wanted to see Amy as soon as possible and on his desperation, he tried making a conversation with one of her best friends, Sticks.

"Of course go away! It's not like I would tell you that Amy is going to be at the Valentines party tonight at the Village's Ballroom!", Sticks said it with a very obvious tone making her intentions clear. Shadow smirked slowly, he wanted to thank her but didn't want to make things awkward either.

"Who could have thought you could trust someone like me?", Shadow said as he walked away. "As long as you are not a government spy everything is fine", Sticks added.

"Well, spying is not my thing...I am just a half-alien hybrid who in occasions likes to put your group of friends in danger"

"Wait, what?!"

.

.

.

Now Shadow was here, doing things he thought he would never do.