FIN

No explanation what so ever. Just the sunlight reflecting through the leaves, making beautiful patterns in the wind flowing grass and the long hot days on summer. It felt like an eternity to him and in fact, it could be. He lost track of time once in a while in order to pretend that everything was fine. That he was still leaving at his best years when everyone was around. He got bored of it, but also found the beauty in it. He knew that someway or another, his day would come and regret once again his life's decisions. He wished he could express himself better, to show them that he cared. May even find love.

In another thought, he indeed had found it, a very long time ago and still, her face would show up once in a while. In the deepest parts of his life, where he thought he couldn't take it anymore. Her face was there...

"So you think you loved me?"

As Shadow laid down in the grass, he softly turned around comfortable with the familiar face he was thinking about earlier. "I think I did"

"Then, why didn't you ever tell me?"

"...because I wasn't strong enough"

"Maybe if you had told me earlier, I could have died in a better way, don't you think so Shadow?"

"You are probably right, Amy"

Theirs interlocked just like many other times, the tree above them protecting them from the sunlight just enough so they could appreciate each other's features. Shadow still remembers her perfectly. Her green emerald eyes, her now long pink hair, he soft fur, and doll-like skin. No wonder he thought he could never have a chance with her. The remainder of her death would always remind as Shadow's ultimate failure in his now long life. Just as he could see her right in front of it, his mind was strong enough to always make pictures of her death whenever it wanted it. It was painful to remember, but in a way, Shadow saw it as a good punishment for his failure.

"I need to ask you something...", Shadow wanted to caress her cheek so bad, but he knew that the moment he would do so, she will vanish just like everything else in this planet and all the things he loved in it.

"If I had told you my feelings...would you have accepted them?"

"Whenever you see me you ask the same thing and my answer is always the same....."

.
.
.
.
.

"Sonic is gone Shadow, I am the only one who can do this"

"No Amy, I was created to protect this world...that's my whole purpose in life!"

"Exactly...That's exactly why you have to stay. This monster has already caused worldwide destruction. They are going to need someone who can protect them again after we are gone-"

"You can do that, I prefer to die than see you sacrifice yourself for humanity just like Knuckles, Tails, Rouge, Omega...Sonic. That's my job and I will take responsibility!". Shadow didn't want to hear any of it anymore, he was ready to grab the Chaos Emerald and teletransport himself and that monster to their doom. Somewhere they could never hurt anyone again.

"From the beginning this was your job and I am sorry that you have to carry this alone, just like how Maria's death made you stronger...our owns would have the same impact... and that strength is the one who would drive to make earth a better place again or at least that's what I hope for", Amy walked towards to Shadow and softly grabbed his hand along with the green Chaos Emerald.

"I'll always be with you Shadow...."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"I am a fabrication of your mind...I don't know what the real Amy would say"

"I know that...I was hoping that you could give me a better this time"

Then, the sky began to turn yellow, orange and then red, even when the world was coming to an end, there was such beauty in it. Shadow was more than happy that his day had finally come and he could begin his next journey. Shadow was ready, but he felt shivers run down his spine as he felt Amy holding his hand. It was soft to the touch and warm, it has been a long time since he had felt such heartwarming feeling.

Shadow smiled and let his head rest in her shoulder, every single fight, battle, and suffering was all for this small precious moment. Honestly, he couldn't think of a better way to end this story, the tragedy of Shadow the Hedgehog had the most beautiful and happy ending.

"I don't know what the real Amy would say but....why don't you go and ask her?"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A/N: A small drabble I decided to write because I really hate the fact that Shadow is immortal. He had suffered enough and watching his loved ones die through eternity is even worst. So while I had that in mind I thought to give his terrible fate a better ending.

There's a part I would like to explain when I wrote: "Shadow wanted to caress her cheek so bad, but he knew that the moment he would do so, she will vanish".At the end it is said that Shadow felt Amy hold his hand but how's is it possible if whenever Shadow tries touching her, she vanishes?. I somehow wish that Shadow's last moment he could be with someone. That actually was the real Amy, after teletransported herself and the monster away, she tried to come back to earth but time is tricky. So when she finally came back, she only found Shadow. Seeing his response, she knew that Shadow was delusional and mentally unstable. So she decided to play along with his mind.

OR

Shadow was delusional, and his mind just really made him feel like if Amy was there with him.

Its open to your interpretation and I hope you liked this! Thank you for reading~