Gardening ( Request )

It hasn't been long ever since she found out that Shadow loved gardening

 It hasn't been long ever since she found out that Shadow loved gardening. The first time she found out that Shadow secretly visited her garden, she didn't know how to react. She wanted to get out of her house and asked him if he needed anything from her. However, the moment Amy saw Shadow kneel down and take one of her roses so carefully, she stopped completely to admire this soft side of him. Shadow didn't stay longer than two minutes and as soon as he took a quick gaze at her garden, he left, holding the red rose in his hands.

This happened more often, Shadow made sure to know Amy was out of her house before going to see her garden. He was wrong most of the times, however, and without his awareness, Amy just let him wander around her garden, looking out at the flowers and even sometimes taking them.

Three months passed just like that and Amy finally built the courage to follow Shadow to his home. She just wonders why Shadow wanted so many flowers for? Why come see her garden so often?

She was well known in the secrets of 'the following someone quietly' and although she wasn't too proud of it, it for sure came in handy. She wasn't surprised at the location on his house, it was in the middle of the forest and at the beginning, no light could go through the massive forest. However, Shadow had placed his small comfortable looking house in somewhere special. Nearby a small waterfall, where trees weren't as high and plenty of sunlight could go through their leaves. Vegetation was a natural cause around the area, the calming sound of water going down the cascade's rock made the picture almost too perfect as it wasn't real.

Amy saw Shadow entering his house, and of course, Amy couldn't help but to notice the beautiful garden surrounding his house. However, as soon Shadow entered, he came out. A bit different, Amy was hidden in a bush but even she could tell that Shadow was wearing gloves, and a small hat to protect his eyes from the sunlight. Not only that but around his waist was a tight belt in which you could find all types of gardening tools. Shadow was holding a small flower packet, in which contained 'Roses seeds'. Amy saw him do every step of the plating right, but the location and the amount of water or soil wasn't the proper one. Roses were really hard to conceive, and you had to be very persistent in you wanted beautiful roses.

Amy wanted to go to him, but she figured that coming randomly out of nowhere would upset him. She decided to back away and come another time to see his process.

and she did.

Sadly, what she found wasn't pleasant. She found a disappointed look on Shadow's face as soon as he saw that as soon his roses began to grow, they perished. She didn't know why, but that sight wasn't something she wanted to see...never. Shadow was a hedgehog who had already suffered enough and if growing roses could bring him any sense of happiness, then Amy would make sure that Shadow gets his roses. She waited until he wasn't home anymore to get ready with her plans.

First, she didn't want to make it too obvious that she was there. So she decided to plant the new seeds in the same place Shadow did. This time, she made sure there was the proper amount of soil and water. The tough part would be coming once in a while and properly give water to the plants and of course, any plant needed love and attention, so at least 5 minutes of talking to them would the trick.