Dark Prince

Prompt: "Amy all of a sudden started to feel like she is really ugly and wants to undergo surgery when Shadow heard about that he freaked out."- Spikeeeee

~

The more I thought about it, the more sense it made. I didn't want this face, I didn't like it. I didn't like the small freckles on my cheeks, my round nose, nor the way my double chin would show up every time I smiled.

Just everything about myself... disgusted me.

It has begun with my body, I wasn't well proportioned. There was fat in the parts I didn't want it to be, and flat skin where I wanted something else to be there. I thought that my face would make up for the mistake but as I stared into the mirror, I realized that the only good thing about it, was the green tint in my eyes.

It wasn't enough, I wasn't enough.

I tried to apply makeup once to see if that would help me, but the moment I stepped out into the street, people staring at me with a look of concern in their face, I decided to never do it again.

And no I wasn't doing it to get a boy's attention. I was doing it for myself, so one day I could finally look at the mirror and like what I see.

"Are you sure about this honey?"

Rouge, my closest friend looked at me confused. She was probably the most beautiful creature alive, I had to admit that sometimes I would get jealous of her. She was blessed with good looks and she knew it. She had confidence and that only made her more beautiful.

"Yes, I think this would make me feel better"

"I don't see a problem with "fixing" something you don't like about yourself in order to get more confidence. But I do believe that that confidence you are seeking for is not suddenly going to appear because you had a nose job", Rouge rolled around my bed trying to get a better look at myself. I pretended to be doing work on my laptop, indeed to say she was so beautiful that sometimes it would intimidate me. I didn't look away from my laptop but I could feel her staring at me.

"I'll try to work on it Rouge, I know it sounds kinda sudden but I have honestly been thinking about it for a year now... I think this is definitely for me", I added as I took enough courage to turn my chair to face her.

"Are you sure this is not to please a boy or anybody else, right?", Rouge straightened up as she gently rested herself on the edge of my bed, facing me directly to get her point across.

"Definitely but... don't you think it's a bit weird? I am 20 and I never had a boyfriend before."

"No, of course not! Everyone is different when it comes to dating, so don't ever feel pressure because of that."

But Amy did. Even her own parents found it strange that at 17 she had never brought home a boy before.

"Your mother and I wanted to ask you... if you like girls? Because if you do that's completely fine, we still love you and-"

Amy stopped listening, she couldn't tell her parents that it wasn't that she didn't like boys. It was that boys didn't like her.

"You are right."

Amy didn't sound completely satisfied and Rouged noticed that she only agreed with her to avoid an argument.

If Amy could just understand how she is way more than just 'pretty'.

Rouge pleaded for nothing but that.